wavier wire rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

wavier wire rules

Moderator: Football Moderators

wavier wire rules

Postby MegaMan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:26 pm

In our league, free agency pickups are turned off gameday or 5 mins before the first game. Typically, it opens up again on Tuesday and processes the waiver wire according to some order. I thought as you used the WW you were sent to the back of the line and the order was preserved until the next week. However, it seems like in our league, the order is determined by record, and the worst always has first pick. Is that normal?

I think the order should be preserved until the next week, and free agency pickups shouldn't move you to the back. This lets people move up in the WW order until they choose to use it. Also, I think it should start in reverse draft order.

I felt like I was screwed over last season because I was at the bottom of the WW for the first 7 weeks, all my losses came at the end of the season.
MegaMan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: wavier wire rules

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:39 pm

There are several different was of running the WW - different sites have their own way of doing it, some will even allow you the option of picking which way you want to do it (although some charge extra for this). So it all depends on which site ya use to host your league.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum