How many rounds should we do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How many rounds should we do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many rounds should we do?

Postby ryno486 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:24 pm

I am commish of a 12 team league. How many rounds should we have. We have always done 16, but a couple members want to lower it to 14 to liven up the waiver wire. Our lineups are below.

QB - 1
WR - 2
RB - 2
TE - 1
RB/WR Flex - 1
K - 1
Def - 1
ryno486
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How many rounds should we do?

Postby shaba » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:16 am

I'm in 10 man league and we do 20 which is a bit much. All of my leagues we do @ least 16 rounds. I personally wouldn't like 14 much. It's nice have a deeper bench of players to pick from every week.
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 am

14 or 15 is fine. I like 15 but 14 is ok too.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:29 am

14 or 16 in a 12 man start 9 league. Depends on the amount of bench depth you want.

I have a league where we moved it to 14 to open the waiver wire more. After 2 years we moved it back because people hated cutting their "prospects" and/or "sleepers" that were waiting to emerge or "slightly injured but not on the injury list" guys...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 am

treat24 wrote:14 or 16 in a 12 man start 9 league. Depends on the amount of bench depth you want.

I have a league where we moved it to 14 to open the waiver wire more. After 2 years we moved it back because people hated cutting their "prospects" and/or "sleepers" that were waiting to emerge or "slightly injured but not on the injury list" guys...

That is why I prefer more rounds. In my personal 12 team league we do 18. This makes drafting more important and it allows you to take some chances on some decent prospects. I hate having to make a choice of dropping a mid round player just because he is on bye and then having the competition grab him and replacing the crap they drafted because they were not prepared.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Commissioner's Corner