Selvin Young - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Selvin Young

Moderator: Football Moderators

Selvin Young

Postby dabears34 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:17 pm

I have Selvin Young as my flex player. I am a little worried about my rb's. I have Portis, Forte, Selvin, and Ricky in a 12 team ppr league. How do you guys think Selvin will do this year? I absolutely hate having Denver rb's bc of Shannahan.
dabears34
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Selvin Young

Postby DemonDeacon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:22 pm

its not that im opposed to selvin young its just that im opposed to his ADP. I personally wont draft another Denver RB untill hes been a solid #1 RB in Denver for a minimum of 3 yrs. that being said i think Young has tremendous upside... if he gets the carries that a #1 RB should... i hate playing rollette with Shannahan... i never win... :~(
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:31 pm

DemonDeacon wrote:its not that im opposed to selvin young its just that im opposed to his ADP. I personally wont draft another Denver RB untill hes been a solid #1 RB in Denver for a minimum of 3 yrs. that being said i think Young has tremendous upside... if he gets the carries that a #1 RB should... i hate playing rollette with Shannahan... i never win... :~(

You think Young's ADP is bad...

Two Words: Travis Henry
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:46 pm

dabears34 wrote:How do you guys think Selvin will do this year?

I'd rate him an RB3/borderline RB2. I myself am really high on him, but I'm trying to temper my expectations. That's easier, now that we have some games to consider-
Andre Hall is often being used as short-yardage/goal-line back. Young did later complete a 3rd-and-1, but he's seen as more of an outside runner. If these perceptions hold true, I'm imagining a younger Fred Taylor who gets a few more short-yardage looks.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby sublimeandy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:13 pm

denver running backs are too scary for me, i'll pick them up off the waiver wire but i would never draft them. i like portis but the rest of your rb's could be in time shares, seems a little shaky. who knows though.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AllDay » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:35 am

I wouldn't be afraid to draft Selvin this year. The potential outweighs the risk this year IMO.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:21 am

If Selvin gets all the carries, he will put up numbers like a top 15 RB.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dhark » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:10 am

He is a medium risk/high reward player for me. I drafted him as my 5th rb, so I am excited with little riding on him. I feel that these are the picks that put you above other teams in the league. I think Young has more upside than many others. The fact that Torrain is out and they let Mike Bell go really eliminates some competition. Go Selvin!!!!!!!!!!
Dhark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DetroitTigers » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:20 pm

I heard that Torain will be back by week 6 and that Shanny loves him. Do you guys see Torain getting some playing time once he becomes healthy?? I picked him in the last round....
DetroitTigers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:22 pm

DetroitTigers wrote:I heard that Torain will be back by week 6 and that Shanny loves him. Do you guys see Torain getting some playing time once he becomes healthy?? I picked him in the last round....

He's definitely someone to hold on to in a deeper league. In a smaller 10 or 12 teamer though probably no point in keeping him unless you have a deep bench. I also have heard good things about Torain. Still, coming off the PUP I figure he's not playing full strength or ability until about week 8 at the earliest.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk