First Yahoo league quick question? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

First Yahoo league quick question?

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Yahoo league quick question?

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm

I started a league and set a draft time. I can't change the draft time, it only let's me choose 5 pm or 10 pm. If I choose the 5 pm and don't start till 6pm is Yahoo going to make picks for people? SO my question is does Yahoo have a set time per pick?
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: playing super tecmo bowl...Bo and Marcus Allen are you kidding?

Re: First Yahoo league quick question?

Postby WHO DEY » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Most Yahoo drafts that I've done only take about 45 minutes or so, I would suggest just starting another team and set a time that you can make. I believe you can have 4 teams per user name. As for settings, I belive the clock is 1:30 for the first round but if you aren't there to make a pick your team goes into auto-pick (for the rest of the draft unless you enter and turn auto-pick off) and the computer will take best available player at whatever position your team needs.
WHO DEY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks Who Dey ( Man the Bengals are having a tough pre season with injuries ), thanks for the help. My draft day is Sept 2 and the only times available are 5pm then nothing till 10pm. So basically I'm screwed unless I pick another day. Thanks Who Dey.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:36 am

yes, this late being so close to the season starting all the good times are taken. there are only so many leagues available, so that means only so many of the good times avaiable. i made that mistake with baseball this year while setting up my league and had to make it offline so everybody could make it
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:47 am

Gotcha. Like I said it was my first time and won't make that mistake again. Thanks guys.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 pm

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:I started a league and set a draft time. I can't change the draft time, it only let's me choose 5 pm or 10 pm. If I choose the 5 pm and don't start till 6pm is Yahoo going to make picks for people? SO my question is does Yahoo have a set time per pick?

Welcome to Yahoo ;-)

If you chose a 5pm draft time, then starting around 4:30pm there will be links on your league and team that allow you to enter the live draft room. At 5pm sharp, the clock begins to run on the first pick. Each pick is timed, and if the clock runs down, then the pick is automatically made for the owner. Given what you are describing, it is also good to understand that if *no* owners are present in the draft room, then it does not wait for the clock to run down; it automatically picks very quickly. So for example if you had a 5pm draft time, and told everyone not to bother to show up until 5:30pm, your draft would have been long since completed by 5:30pm, with all picks autopicked.

As for draft times, it sure looks to me like there are openings at every time slot on September 2nd. We add draft times periodically; if you didn't see a time you liked, it may be worth going back to check again now.

Hope this helps...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:51 pm

Yep thanks a lot. I'm going to check right now.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk