Fitz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Fitz

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Fitz

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Curious what you guys think of this Fitz sig I made a while back. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fitz

Postby SJNez46 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:55 pm

kinda cool, but the render looks a it LQ. (Not really your fault) also i think if the sig in general could use a bit of pop. Lighting would really help.
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:21 am

a bit on the dark side for me. the colors have changed so much that they dont resemble the cards colors in the theme of the sig. some people dig that, but i like the color to jump out.

i like the layout and render choice. i like the font for fitzgerald, but the "larry" one could be a bit better. it also looks a bit out of place ( i know its there because of his arm). if probably move it to line up with the middle of his last name or all the way to the right side of it.

not bad overall, but not your best.

you have got past the novice stage of sigmaking, so im trying to be a little harsher of a critic on you so you learn more dude :-B ;-D

im really fond of the sig you are wearing now. may just be my fave that youve made so far....very nice dude ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:23 am

hey man...quick trick for effects on renders...would probably look good in your current sig...

duplicate the layer of your render.
select the top layer and desaturate completely.
overlay top layer.
lower opacity to your liking.

its a real simple technique that adds a lot to the look of your render. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:03 am

Thanks for the critiques fellas and the pointers. And I'm good with the tougher critiques Luxe, they only help. B-)

I actually have done what you're talking about with the duplicate layers with the renders, not on these particular sigs though. Never desaturated though, sounds like it would lower the saturation on the original render a little which would help get it under the 12K limit ...I'll try that out. ;-D

It's funny, I'll make a sig how I like it then I'll check how big it is and start changing and removing stuff until it's under the Cafe limits. The rest of you guys do that? It's really a crappy way to work and feels really stifling. I've said before I wish we could at least have 13K...seems like just about everything I do ends up just over 12K but is usually under 13K. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:16 pm

No, I make the sig just how I like it and lower the quality until it fits. If it looks so bad its unacceptable then, I will usually reduce the size (dimensions) of the sig. Usually the loss of quality isn't as bad as you think it is when it really gets uploaded and on the site and your not comparing it with the original.
With the text, try making the Larry all caps like the Fitzgerald and putting it on top of the Fitz text and overlapping it. To get an effect a little bit like this. I don't know that it would work, but I think it might. Might try it without the stroke on the text and just a shadow too. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:39 pm

yup...i just change the dimensions, never remove stuff from the sig for limits. ill make it like 95 high and it makes a huge difference with the file size.

and most of you newer guys werent here when we used to have to make these sigs under 10KBs....you guys should feel lucky with the 12 :-D :-b

now that i think of it...i dont think any of the artists from back then are still around :-? :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby soty » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:52 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:yup...i just change the dimensions, never remove stuff from the sig for limits. ill make it like 95 high and it makes a huge difference with the file size.

and most of you newer guys werent here when we used to have to make these sigs under 10KBs....you guys should feel lucky with the 12 :-D :-b

now that i think of it...i dont think any of the artists from back then are still around :-? :-/
Wow that must have sucked! And I thought 12k was bad.
soty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Award-Winning Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Contests and Showing Off