Best Fantasy site for a keeper league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Best Fantasy site for a keeper league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Fantasy site for a keeper league?

Postby Barleyman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 pm

We just had the last straw with fanball, totally down for draft. We are going to switch, any recommendations?
Barleyman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Best Fantasy site for a keeper league?

Postby Matthias » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 pm

More of a Commissioner's Corner question, but for football, I think all the sites are about the same... except for rotowire... I used them one year for a league and absolutely hated it.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dmacblue » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Ive played 90% of past leagues with CBS,which i liked. they had the problem here and there and at the time i was pissed, but they gave a nice discount to all leagues the following year &overall I think its a good set up and user friendly. However, it is ridiculously expensive! If you dont get the early bird offer, i wanna say its like $150 per season now!

If live scoring Yahoo is free, a few are asking why are we wasting $130 from the prize pool on CBS?

This is the 1st year i played on MyFantasyLeague, and the auction process was superb, both in terms of user friendliness and reliability.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby mattpullman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:06 am

Live scoring on Yahoo! isn't free, but they do have the keeper option now.
QB Orton/Flacco
WR Calvin
WR Nicks
WR Crabtree/Dez/MW
RB Rice
RB Charles
TE Finley/Zach Miller/Hernandez
W/R McCoy
W/R Blount/BJGE
mattpullman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mikus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:18 am

Fleaflicker has keeper stuff and free live scoring.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby treat24 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 am

Free: fleaflicker
Pay: myfantasyleague.com

for me... the money is way way way way way worth it to get myfantasyleague.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby The Lung » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:44 pm

MyFantasyLeague now has a "Recap" feature which is like a Madlibs that cuts and pastes a blurb with your team name and players. Here's an example:
(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 9, 2008) In a week 1 Diehards Dynasty League intra-divisional matchup, H(.)(.)TERS embarrassed a hapless Shock and Awe team by a score of 131.0 to 89.5.

H(.)(.)TERS were led to their 41.5 point victory by a 26.3 point effort from Reggie Bush, who snuck past the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense for 51 rushing yards in addition to 112 receiving yards. With this performance, Bush was the number 4 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 1. They also got help from a 23.1 point effort from Frank Gore, who got by the Arizona Cardinals defense for 96 rushing yards and 1 rushing td in addition to 55 receiving yards.

""It was a total team effort," H(.)(.)TERS coach The Lung said.

Shock and Awe were helped out in a losing cause by a 27.7 point effort from Donovan McNabb, who tore apart the St. Louis Rams defense for 361 passing yards and 3 passing tds in addition to 3 rushing yards. With this performance, McNabb was the number 3 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 1. They also got help from a 17.9 point effort from Adrian Peterson, who beat the Green Bay Packers defense for 103 rushing yards and 1 rushing td in addition to 11 receiving yards.

"You've got to hand it to them," Shock and Awe coach jeru said.

This brings the record for H(.)(.)TERS to 1-0, and drops Shock and Awe to a record of 0-1.

Coming up in week 2, H(.)(.)TERS are at the 1-0 Electric Donkeys, where Electric Donkeys are an early 4.5-point underdog, while the 0-1 One for the Other Thumb are at Shock and Awe, where Shock and Awe are an early 2.1-point favorite.

However, you can edit your quote in the blurb, and some of the guys in my leagues have come up with some REALLY funny stuff. Unfortunately, I can't reprint it here, but I haven't been able to stop laughing all evening at some of the stuff.

Just another reason why MFL is the best pay site in existence. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Best site to host a Fantasy Football Keepers League?

Postby futureprodigy88 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm looking for a good site...i don't care about how much. Also what would be better?

Auction or draft???

If I do a draft based keepers league....i want a league that allows to trade draft picks and players too? Does anyone have any ideas. I was thinking of having an auction for the first year to make it fair and then every year after a draft.

Is there a site that you can have a keepers league based on salary and contracts????? I know my question is all over the place so just answer what you know and if you have any ideas?
futureprodigy88
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Re: Best site to host a Fantasy Football Keepers League?

Postby dream_017 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:54 pm

futureprodigy88 wrote:I'm looking for a good site...i don't care about how much. Also what would be better?

Auction or draft???

If I do a draft based keepers league....i want a league that allows to trade draft picks and players too? Does anyone have any ideas. I was thinking of having an auction for the first year to make it fair and then every year after a draft.

Is there a site that you can have a keepers league based on salary and contracts????? I know my question is all over the place so just answer what you know and if you have any ideas?

Here are a couple threads with discussion about sites:

Keeper sites

Keeper sites

Overall sites

For me hands down the best site to run a league on is MFL ;-D

Auction or Draft - it is whatever the other owners in your feel comfortable with. I like both types of leagues :-/

There are no issues with having the initial draft an auction and then in subsequent years drafting based on final standings. Most keeper/dynasty leagues allow draft picks to be traded ;-D

Again, MFL is the best, anything you can think of, they can handle ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Re: Best site to host a Fantasy Football Keepers League?

Postby bungle613 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:17 am

Best overall - MFL
Best pay - MFL
Best free - Fleaflicker
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner