2008 Season Predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

2008 Season Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Season Predictions

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Week 1: Det @ ATL - L 24-14: Should be a gimme...but its the Lions and they never win games they are supposed to. Turner is still running from the San Diego game last season and starts the year with a 200 yard game and 2 long Tds.

I hate to quote myself, well actually I love it.
I was close. I won a bunch of money off of suckers at work. They were calling this the lock of the Millineum! :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LT Blue Colt » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:59 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Week 1: Det @ ATL - L 24-14: Should be a gimme...but its the Lions and they never win games they are supposed to. Turner is still running from the San Diego game last season and starts the year with a 200 yard game and 2 long Tds.

I hate to quote myself, well actually I love it.
I was close. I won a bunch of money off of suckers at work. They were calling this the lock of the Millineum! :-b

That's a hell of a call, MSB. Nice! ;-D . . . . . but in reality :~( :~( :~(
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Gotta say I was duped. The manner in which the lost that game has shaken any belief I had that Rod Marinelli can be a head coach in this league. The guy is totally over-matched and has no answers whatsoever. He needs to be fired, and hopefully that would start the ball rolling right over Millens loss filled rectum.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:57 pm

moochman wrote:Gotta say I was duped. The manner in which the lost that game has shaken any belief I had that Rod Marinelli can be a head coach in this league. The guy is totally over-matched and has no answers whatsoever. He needs to be fired, and hopefully that would start the ball rolling right over Millens loss filled rectum.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think you will see things similar to the Fire Millen stunts, that started a couple years ago, if they do not become competitive and fast. After a promising pre-season, to come out and lay an egg like that will have the fans in an uproar(no pun intended) fast.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:33 pm

moochman wrote:Gotta say I was duped. The manner in which the lost that game has shaken any belief I had that Rod Marinelli can be a head coach in this league. The guy is totally over-matched and has no answers whatsoever. He needs to be fired, and hopefully that would start the ball rolling right over Millens loss filled rectum.

There is a reason that Marinelli was never offered a head coaching job before. Millen just doesnt get it. There is so little talent on this team that it is pathetic. Horrible drafting, trading and free agent moves. Outside of Calvin and Roy there is 2 other starters that are still on the team. Honestly is Ernie Sims good or does he just look good due to no one else on the Lions D can do anything. Ever since the Lions drafted Mike Williams over Derrick Johnson I have been disgusted with this team. I hope that this weeks GB game does not sell out so I can watch some real football. I fillled out my divorce papers for the Lions last season and I filed them yesterday. I am done. Free at last!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:35 am

after watching bits and pieces of the Packers game and the Bears game i think i am going to pull back those 2 wins as well...so that would put them at 0-16 but i know they'll blow that too...maybe they can beat Houston or Washington and that joke of them trying to run the West Coast

seriously though, i really think they might be the worst team in the league
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:56 am

mutantseabass wrote:

There is a reason that Marinelli was never offered a head coaching job before. Millen just doesnt get it. There is so little talent on this team that it is pathetic. Horrible drafting, trading and free agent moves. Outside of Calvin and Roy there is 2 other starters that are still on the team. Honestly is Ernie Sims good or does he just look good due to no one else on the Lions D can do anything. Ever since the Lions drafted Mike Williams over Derrick Johnson I have been disgusted with this team. I hope that this weeks GB game does not sell out so I can watch some real football. I fillled out my divorce papers for the Lions last season and I filed them yesterday. I am done. Free at last!

I tried to divorce myself last season, but could not pull away. So I face up the fact that I must serve my life sentence with no hope for parole. I am so totally disgusted with this team. It starts from the top, Ford's loyalty to losers-his FO people and scouting staff. Millen is a moron, but realize that there is a scouting staff that drinks heavily, producing the volume of vomit needed to put into a blender and toss on the walls coming up with draft day gems like Kalimba Edwards, Alma-Francis, Gosdar Cherilous, DUIzon, etc etc. These guys are worse than Hellen Keller throwing darts. Seriously, the Lions would be so much better off if they let fans vote on who to draft. Then to have a dumbasthe like Millen filter through the scouts sewage and pick out the gems-with the help of Ford and NimRod, leads us to a team of talentless boobs. Then just add a dork of a head coach and you have a team that has one of the best air attacks in the game, yet must still be considered as one of the worse teams in the league.
I have never been as angry with a head coach as I am right now with our resident idiot. I don't expect the Lions FO to be changed in any meaningful way, but they do need to fire NImRod. His insistance on wanting effort over talent is nothing short of ludacris considering how often there is no sign of effort from douchebag's squad. An NFL head coach would get much more out of this bunch, mostly by motivating the team and by not relying on so many bad players.

Projects and rejects. Here is your 2008 Detroit Lions. Projects and rejects. Ex-Bucs and dumb-? Well somebody is going to have to help me there :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:22 pm

2002 took Harrington over Jammer, Freeney, and Haynesworth
2003 took Charles Rogers over well EVERYBODY, notables A.J the very next pick, Newman, Suggs, Palamalu
2004 took Roy WIlliams over Ben Roeth, Steven Jackson, I know there was a trade but dont remember if the pick was higher than ours....
2005 took Mike Williams over Demarcus Ware, S Merriman....
2006 took E Sims over Leinart, Cutler
2007 took Calvin Johnson well it appears they got this one right.

Sorry im just bored and started typing seeing if i could remember all the missed players we could have...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RWLongy4 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:2002 took Harrington over Jammer, Freeney, and Haynesworth
2003 took Charles Rogers over well EVERYBODY, notables A.J the very next pick, Newman, Suggs, Palamalu
2004 took Roy WIlliams over Ben Roeth, Steven Jackson, I know there was a trade but dont remember if the pick was higher than ours....
2005 took Mike Williams over Demarcus Ware, S Merriman....
2006 took E Sims over Leinart, Cutler
2007 took Calvin Johnson well it appears they got this one right.

Sorry im just bored and started typing seeing if i could remember all the missed players we could have...

Hindsight is 20/20
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Yeah i agree and that they couldnt know that some of those guys would turn out to be what they are today. And if we would have taken different players i think i would be saying look we took this guy when we could have had this guy!! It doesnt matter, the Lions ruin people/careers. I hadnt thought of the drafting the way that Billick was saying it today during the game. That you can only have one number one receiver. Cause you can only pay one. Its not like you can have both Calvin and Roy cause they both are number one guys possibly. Even though im starting to think Roy is a slot receiver and not that good period. But to keep drafting receivers like that knowing that you cant pay 2 of them.. just doesnt make sense. I mean if we know the basics why dont they? I mean really wtf is going on? Those missed draft picks set the Lions back a freaking decade! Even if they blew it all up tomorrow it would still be 5 years away from anything decent. And when people talk about getting Cower here i laugh. Only dummies come to Detroit to coach. BUT if you need a job, hey we will hire you. Im sorry i just get so upset that they dont even give a crap. They cant care. They just cant. If they did they would freaking fire the people responsible for this debacle.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Detroit Lions