2008 Season Predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

2008 Season Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Season Predictions

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:31 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Week 3: Det @ SF - L 37-10: Martz pulls out all the punches and O'Sullivan does what every former Lion does to them, lights them up.

This is just too easy. I actually gave the Lions more credit then what they deserve with the 4 wins I predicted. If I called this a bad team I would be giving them too much credit. Roy Williams is counting the days until he can get out of this hell hole of an organization. Its so nice to be Lions free at last. Mooch, you can do it bud.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:20 am

mutantseabass wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Week 3: Det @ SF - L 37-10: Martz pulls out all the punches and O'Sullivan does what every former Lion does to them, lights them up.

This is just too easy. I actually gave the Lions more credit then what they deserve with the 4 wins I predicted. If I called this a bad team I would be giving them too much credit. Roy Williams is counting the days until he can get out of this hell hole of an organization. Its so nice to be Lions free at last. Mooch, you can do it bud.

If Roy is just waiting to get out of here, then why isn't he trying to make himself more marketable by trying hard and making plays?

As for quitting, how can I? You brag (not really) about predicting weekly results, but I have called shots on this team for years and look a lot smarter than I am. We hired NimRod and I hated his lack of experience and his simplistic high school message. We draft projects and hire rejects and I predict failure. These guys make it too easy.
I was wrong about NimRod, though. He is the prototypical Lions head coach: Talk talk talk but no results to back it up. We hire a high school coach under the premise that he will change the culture of losing becuase of his straightforward message and stay on course mentality all the while forgetting the facts, which are: He is a losing head coach who's teams are always unprepared for gameday, and you cannot get rid of a losing mentality by losing. You have to win.
I live in a warped melding of the movies Groundhog'd Day and Office Space in that every game day under NimRod is exactly the same, and that every day that NimRod and Millen don't get fired is the worse day of my life. (as a fan)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:11 pm

moochman wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

If Roy is just waiting to get out of here, then why isn't he trying to make himself more marketable by trying hard and making plays?

As for quitting, how can I? You brag (not really) about predicting weekly results, but I have called shots on this team for years and look a lot smarter than I am. We hired NimRod and I hated his lack of experience and his simplistic high school message. We draft projects and hire rejects and I predict failure. These guys make it too easy.
I was wrong about NimRod, though. He is the prototypical Lions head coach: Talk talk talk but no results to back it up. We hire a high school coach under the premise that he will change the culture of losing becuase of his straightforward message and stay on course mentality all the while forgetting the facts, which are: He is a losing head coach who's teams are always unprepared for gameday, and you cannot get rid of a losing mentality by losing. You have to win.
I live in a warped melding of the movies Groundhog'd Day and Office Space in that every game day under NimRod is exactly the same, and that every day that NimRod and Millen don't get fired is the worse day of my life. (as a fan)

What I really dont understand is how can management take losing like this? Most people who are playing/coaching/managing sports are ultra comepetitive. Personally I cannot stand losing at anything, it bothers me to my being. Nimrod(love that by the way Mooch) shows absolutley no emotion. Does he understand the concept of losing? I know he doesnt understand the concept of coaching. As for Roy, he knows he will get his payday. Real NFL teams realize the talent he has and would find ways to use it. Having a QB with some common sense would help also. With his mentality he will not hang himself out to dry and risk injury for the Lions. I dont know if I can really blame him for that either. This organiztion lacks chemistry, all the way from the top to the bottom. Now like years past and im sure years in the future they will fire Rod, leaving the next coach with all the garbage he and Millen brought in and they will be in full blown rebuild mode. The NFL put in the salary cap for parity in the league, it kills me the Lions do not realize this. Its so nice just to sit back and watch football now and not be the least bit concerned what the Lions are doing. I will say I have overly enjoyed watching them lose to 3 different first year starting quarterbacks. Also watching Martz who was scapegoated have his revenge on Willie, Matt and Rod was absolutely priceless.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 pm

mutantseabass wrote:What I really dont understand is how can management take losing like this? Most people who are playing/coaching/managing sports are ultra comepetitive. Personally I cannot stand losing at anything, it bothers me to my being. Nimrod(love that by the way Mooch) shows absolutley no emotion. Does he understand the concept of losing? I know he doesnt understand the concept of coaching. As for Roy, he knows he will get his payday. Real NFL teams realize the talent he has and would find ways to use it. Having a QB with some common sense would help also. With his mentality he will not hang himself out to dry and risk injury for the Lions. I dont know if I can really blame him for that either. This organiztion lacks chemistry, all the way from the top to the bottom. Now like years past and im sure years in the future they will fire Rod, leaving the next coach with all the garbage he and Millen brought in and they will be in full blown rebuild mode. The NFL put in the salary cap for parity in the league, it kills me the Lions do not realize this. Its so nice just to sit back and watch football now and not be the least bit concerned what the Lions are doing. I will say I have overly enjoyed watching them lose to 3 different first year starting quarterbacks. Also watching Martz who was scapegoated have his revenge on Willie, Matt and Rod was absolutely priceless.

Actually NimRod is a Dream creation, but I sold the exclusive rights of use to Mooch ;-D

I agree with the competitiveness, I saw a shirt the other day that said:
I hate to lose more than I love to win.

I love that quote ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:31 pm

dream_017 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:What I really dont understand is how can management take losing like this? Most people who are playing/coaching/managing sports are ultra comepetitive. Personally I cannot stand losing at anything, it bothers me to my being. Nimrod(love that by the way Mooch) shows absolutley no emotion. Does he understand the concept of losing? I know he doesnt understand the concept of coaching. As for Roy, he knows he will get his payday. Real NFL teams realize the talent he has and would find ways to use it. Having a QB with some common sense would help also. With his mentality he will not hang himself out to dry and risk injury for the Lions. I dont know if I can really blame him for that either. This organiztion lacks chemistry, all the way from the top to the bottom. Now like years past and im sure years in the future they will fire Rod, leaving the next coach with all the garbage he and Millen brought in and they will be in full blown rebuild mode. The NFL put in the salary cap for parity in the league, it kills me the Lions do not realize this. Its so nice just to sit back and watch football now and not be the least bit concerned what the Lions are doing. I will say I have overly enjoyed watching them lose to 3 different first year starting quarterbacks. Also watching Martz who was scapegoated have his revenge on Willie, Matt and Rod was absolutely priceless.

Actually NimRod is a Dream creation, but I sold the exclusive rights of use to Mooch ;-D

I agree with the competitiveness, I saw a shirt the other day that said:
I hate to lose more than I love to win.

I love that quote ;-D

Props to you dream for the Nimrod, that is classic. ;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions