2 RBs and 1 Flex - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

2 RBs and 1 Flex

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 RBs and 1 Flex

Postby Huapisky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Question, I have been reading a lot about all the different strategies and I can't figure out what to do in my particular case. I'm playing in a 12 team league NO PPR, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR, TE, K, and DEF ... 6 pts per passing TD and 1 pt per 25 passing yards .... 6 pts per rushing TD, 1 pt per 10 rushing yards.

I have the 3rd overall pick, so I assume LT and Peterson will be gone 1st and 2nd. Should I draft Brady with my pick and then go RB, RB, RB or should I go RB, QB, RB, RB depending on what's available? ... with 3 available RB positions it makes it very hard to go after a QB with my first pick. What do you guys think?
Huapisky
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2 RBs and 1 Flex

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:22 pm

In a 12 team league with a Flex position, you're looking at teams starting between 24-36 RB's and there just aren't enough good ones to go around - and factor into that guys wanting backups on their bench and you realize that quality RB's will be at a premium. With having the 3rd overall pick, that means you don't get to pick again until th 10th pick in the second round so by then the quaity will be rapidly dropping. I personally tend towards RB-RB in the first 2 rounds of a 12 teamer, and then have the 3rd pick in the 3rd, so ya look at who's the best player available and either go WR or another RB. No 2 drafts are the same, but I may go RB-RB-WR-WR-RB-WR-QB, but nothing is etched in stone, ya have to be flexible and see how things go and adjust on the fly. And in the later rounds I usually stash some more RB's - RB's are golden in FF.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby sobore » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Good advice from the Stomper. I personally would pass on Brady with pick #2 and look for a top RB or even a Randy Moss. You should be able to get a decent QB a least into the 5th round.
sobore
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby francis03 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 pm

At 3 I would go westbrook if lt and peterson is gone..I would pick peterson over...on the way back there should still be some decent rb,wr...thats to early for a qb and on the way back the top 5 will probably be gone so go rb or wr again
francis03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cakewalk5 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:58 pm

francis03 wrote:At 3 I would go westbrook if lt and peterson is gone..I would pick peterson over...on the way back there should still be some decent rb,wr...thats to early for a qb and on the way back the top 5 will probably be gone so go rb or wr again

I agree. Even with 6 pts per passing TD, I have Brady projected after LT, Peterson and Westbrook. Too hard to pass up on such a stud RB (especially since you probably will be sniffing leftovers by the time you pick again).
cakewalk5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum