The Force Unleashed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

The Force Unleashed

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Force Unleashed

Postby Manja » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Anyone play the demo yet? This thing is amazing. I thought the hype was going to make it disappoint in the way that Fable did (though, Fable was an amazing game. Stoked for the second game being released in September), but the control over the Force powers is amazing.

The demo's available via XboxLive.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Force Unleashed

Postby SniperShot » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:51 pm

I feel like boycotting this game because they're not making it for PC, my platform of choice.

But if I skip it I know I'll be missing something epic...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Manja » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:16 pm

The reason they're not making it for the PC is because most systems aren't powerful enough to run it smoothly, or even at all.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 am

Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Hows the force control compare to a game like Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast? The control was clunky, but you still had the most as opposed to games like Battlefront 2 or the RotS game. I've heard its supposed to be very good. Also, any glimpses into what the saber control will be like? I like RotS and Battlefront 2's saber controls the best. How does it compare in those regards to those games??
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby SniperShot » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Manja wrote:The reason they're not making it for the PC is because most systems aren't powerful enough to run it smoothly, or even at all.
That's their reason. Which is BS if you ask PC enthusiasts. Casual PC gamers systems wouldn't be able to run the game true, but there are more and more gamers with dedicated PC's out there. Tons. All with gaming PC's capable of doing more graphics than stock xbox 360's or PS3's. New Nvidia GTX cards and Quad Core processors could handle this game easily.

Take the highest resolution best graphics game out there for PC right now: Crysis. It's sold a million and a half copies. On highest resolutions it uses graphical technology superior to what's possible on 360 or PS3. There are plenty of people out there with gaming PC's that could run this game at full graphics. Lucasarts is just too short sighted/lazy to work a 3rd development team for it. Which is a big :-t for me. Lucasarts has kept a strong team for PC releases in the past, this is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm

That is true. Didn't Fable take half a year or so to come to the PC? Perhaps they're working on it, but keeping it under wraps so that people will buy it for the PS3/Xbox360/Wii.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby logan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:53 am

SniperShot wrote:
Manja wrote:The reason they're not making it for the PC is because most systems aren't powerful enough to run it smoothly, or even at all.
That's their reason. Which is BS if you ask PC enthusiasts. Casual PC gamers systems wouldn't be able to run the game true, but there are more and more gamers with dedicated PC's out there. Tons. All with gaming PC's capable of doing more graphics than stock xbox 360's or PS3's. New Nvidia GTX cards and Quad Core processors could handle this game easily.

Take the highest resolution best graphics game out there for PC right now: Crysis. It's sold a million and a half copies. On highest resolutions it uses graphical technology superior to what's possible on 360 or PS3. There are plenty of people out there with gaming PC's that could run this game at full graphics. Lucasarts is just too short sighted/lazy to work a 3rd development team for it. Which is a big :-t for me. Lucasarts has kept a strong team for PC releases in the past, this is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

yep yep. their whole argument falls out of the window when they said they were doing a version for ps2 and the wii. i'm sorry but any comp built in the last say four years is>than a ps2 and an wii.granted it does not use all the the physics engine that the 360 or ps3 use but if you can port it to ps2 or wii you can port it to a pc and make it scalable and optimized to run on a multitude of systems.unless you are running an ancient computer you are most likely running a computer that out muscles an xbox 360 or ps3 period anyways.

they are doing it solely for one reason.because they know they can get the sales in the console market to make the game a success and i'm fine with that but do not feed me some line about it not being able to be run on peoples computers these days.that's a pure cop out by lucas arts.

far as i'm concerned they can keep the game anyways.with spore,far cry 2,left 4 dead,velvet assassin and other games getting released soon i wouldn't have time to play it anyways.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby SniperShot » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:17 pm

logan wrote:far as i'm concerned they can keep the game anyways.with spore,far cry 2,left 4 dead,velvet assassin and other games getting released soon i wouldn't have time to play it anyways.
Yup. Spore and Far Cry 2 are gonna be amazing. Plus (Crossing fingers) Starcraft 2 possibly this winter.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:02 am

SniperShot wrote:Plus (Crossing fingers) Starcraft 2 possibly this winter.

Heh, good luck with that. We'll be lucky to get it by Winter 2009.

We haven't even started the typical cycle of Blizzard announcing a release date that's a year off, and then delaying it three times beyond that.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Video Games