Gustav - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Gustav

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gustav

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:19 pm

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlsto ... om=hp_news

This thing is tracking right towards the majority of our crude and natural gas wells which which will surely cause a nice spike if this happens. I hope this thing turns away and doesn't come up in the gulf but it is almost guaranteed to be drawn there.

I sure hope there is a better plan than last time.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:56 am

i didnt even know there was a storm...i thought this was going to be about painter Gustav Klimt

i pretty much only get my national news from GT or the front page of the paper
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:50 pm

As a Meteorology major and living in Tallahassee... needless to say I'm watching this one closely. :-o
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikus » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Dang hurricanes:

ESPN wrote: LSU's season-opener against Appalachian State on Saturday has been moved to 11 a.m. ET because of the approach of Tropical Storm Gustav.

"Public safety concerns override game-day concerns," said Charles Zewe, chief spokesman for the LSU System, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

The defending BCS national champion Tigers had been scheduled to face Appalachian State at 4 p.m. ET.

Linkage
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 pm

knapplc wrote:I see my local station is already gearing up for it - gas spiked 17 cents a gallon over the past 36 hours. :-t

gas prices up here about .10 since yesterday...just in time for Labor Day weekend travel...go figure! :-t
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Gustav is starting to look like quite the storm. Hanna isn't as organized but the projected path has it making some serious threats to land as well as spending plenty more time over water to pick up speed.

There's definitely two storms to watch right now.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:32 pm

mikus wrote:Dang hurricanes:

ESPN wrote: LSU's season-opener against Appalachian State on Saturday has been moved to 11 a.m. ET because of the approach of Tropical Storm Gustav.

"Public safety concerns override game-day concerns," said Charles Zewe, chief spokesman for the LSU System, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

The defending BCS national champion Tigers had been scheduled to face Appalachian State at 4 p.m. ET.

Linkage

That is a blessing. Get up at 8 and the game is basically already on after you take care of the three S's. I hate getting up at 7:00 am and nothing is on. That 3 hours is like a day before football starts.

Gustav just hit Cat 1 status and is now named a Hurricane again.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:53 pm

I'm in the GHouston area, 5 mile sfrom the bay 17 feet above sea level. I am watching in close too. The lastest is: once Gustav hits the Gulf, speed will have alot to do with where it hits. Fast moving storm will hit the mid LA coast. If it slows down will take a turn to the west heading towrds boumont or Galveston/houston.

They don't expect it to slow down enout to het here though but is still a possiblity.

Anyone who watches the weather try this

http://wunderground.com

dan, what are some other not normally known weather websites? Especially ones that address tropical issues.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby SniperShot » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:24 am

houstonherdfan wrote:I'm in the GHouston area, 5 mile sfrom the bay 17 feet above sea level. I am watching in close too. The lastest is: once Gustav hits the Gulf, speed will have alot to do with where it hits. Fast moving storm will hit the mid LA coast. If it slows down will take a turn to the west heading towrds boumont or Galveston/houston.

They don't expect it to slow down enout to het here though but is still a possiblity.

Anyone who watches the weather try this

http://wunderground.com

dan, what are some other not normally known weather websites? Especially ones that address tropical issues.
This is a really sweet program I use. Provides up to date storm tracks, historical data, recent reports and graphs.

http://www.starstonesoftware.com/eots/
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:59 am

Now CAT 3 with winds over 110 mph. Very organized now. And it only gets worse as it comes into the gulf. Get out now guys. Don't wait like last time.
Cowboys 4 life

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk