Defensive Player Utility?? HELP!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Defensive Player Utility?? HELP!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defensive Player Utility?? HELP!!!!

Postby tareeked » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:11 pm

ok, so im in this $50 cash league with my friends, and 1 hour before the draft(1 hour from NOW) i notice theres a DP position.. ive never played a league with a utility defensive position.. what weight do they hold? like, how early should i expect patrick willis/brian urlacher to go?

its 1 point per solo tackle.. 3 per forced fumble.. 2 per tackle for loss. 3 per sack.. 3 per interception..

like, last season there were 6 games that patrick willis recorded 10+ solo tackles.. thats 10 points per game alone off of tackles..

last season edgerinn james only had 3 games where he went 100+ yards(point per 10 yards, meaning 10 points a game off yards) throw in only 7 touchdowns, and you have about the same type of production, and FFC says edgerinn james goes around the 40th pick.. so do i pick patrick willis that high, or another productive LB like urlacher or demeco ryans?
tareeked
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Defensive Player Utility?? HELP!!!!

Postby bungle613 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:56 am

With only one IDP spot you do not need to fill in that spot early. You have the luxury of playing matchups. Now, if Willis is available after you have filled out your strating offense (rb and wr), grab him but itis not a necessity. Take a LB as well.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum