New Season Ticket Owner, Worried Fantasy Owner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

New Season Ticket Owner, Worried Fantasy Owner

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Season Ticket Owner, Worried Fantasy Owner

Postby PhillyEagle » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:34 am

I am now a proud Philadelphia Eagle Season Ticket Owner. I've waited my entire life for this practically, and I can't believe it has finally happened. Over the last 3 years I've become pretty involved with fantasy football. I've had 2-3 teams each year, and this year I have 2 teams I'm looking to manage. Now that I'm going to be at the stadium for 8 home games, is that going to effect my fantasy football ability?

Every Sunday I always read everything I can about all of my players, I always make the correct game time decision because I am on the computer pretty much all day. Now that I'm going to be tailgating and being at the game, does anybody have any tips for how to overcome this? If I'm going to a 1 o'clock game, I'm going to just miss being able to make line up changes for my players starting at 4 o'clock

For those of you that have gone to games in the past and/or have season tickets, how do you tailgate/attend the games and keep your fantasy team alive?
PhillyEagle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Season Ticket Owner, Worried Fantasy Owner

Postby eagles21 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Well, let me first say congrats man! Where are your seats? My 2 uncles have season tickets, 3rd row in the end zone. Luckily, they let me go to a game each year. B-) ;-D

To your fantasy question, I would always be certain of my starting lineup before going to a game. Obviously, tons of things can happen between 11 and 1, but I've never really had a problem with injuries or anything like that. Maybe you could have someone make changes for you if anything happens before the games? Or, you could buy a laptop (although it might not be the best idea if you're tailgating :-b ). Also, I would always call someone to give me updates on what's going on (despite the fact that I could barely hear them :-b ).

Hopefully you find something that works. Go EAGLES! ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:13 am

I don't mess with Sunday lineups too much. I know, I know, I'm going to get bashed for that one, but for two seasons I have set lineups on Saturdays with maybe a quick check on Sunday at like 7 AM before I leave for church, but since I work for our church, I don't have time on Sundays and I think in my 7 (give or take a couple) leagues last season it only resulted in a zero point week maybe once. So read up really good on Saturdays and if somebody is going to be a gametime decision unless they're the star of your team or something, go with the safer bet or bite the bullet and hope for the best.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby croutonjack » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:06 pm

First off...I"m sorry to hear that you have to watch the eagles...second...if you do happen to hear that one of your players gets hurt, you can always call your commissioner before one and let him know of any last minute changes to your lineup...third...I'm kidding about the eagles everyone of my friends is an eagles fan except me so i bash eagles fans all the time...have fun at the games
croutonjack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:00 am

Buy a blackberry :-b ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:16 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I don't mess with Sunday lineups too much. I know, I know, I'm going to get bashed for that one, but for two seasons I have set lineups on Saturdays with maybe a quick check on Sunday at like 7 AM before I leave for church, but since I work for our church, I don't have time on Sundays and I think in my 7 (give or take a couple) leagues last season it only resulted in a zero point week maybe once. So read up really good on Saturdays and if somebody is going to be a gametime decision unless they're the star of your team or something, go with the safer bet or bite the bullet and hope for the best.

I agree with Joel. I always have my lineups set by Saturday night the latest. On Sunday I'll have a list of players that I have starting, but might not play. I'll make some last minute adjustments if necessary. But there are a lot of times when I'm not going to be able to do that on Sunday. I'm going to Miami on Sunday to see Favre vs Penny so I'm in the same boat this weekend. :-) I'll have everything set by the time I leave on Saturday. I might check one last time on Sunday morning before I leave for the game. So unless you get a blackberry, laptop with wireless, or something like that to do last minutes checks at the game...just set them the best you can and go enjoy yourself at the game. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby spodog » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:42 am

RWLongy4 wrote:Buy a blackberry :-b ;-D

Yep. Most of the good league management sites are setting up wireless lineup change capabilities. You wouldn't have to splurge for a blackberry if you didn't want to, though. Just a regular smart phone with a data plan and a browser is enough to watch scores and make lineup changes.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting