Class Act - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Class Act

Moderator: Football Moderators

Class Act

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:07 am

Maybe this belongs in the fantasy politics forum, but nobody ever goes in there so I figured I'd post it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_ioN5SyBM&NR=1

Staying away from the whole, "who are you voting for" angle, I simply think it's a classy act on McCain's part, to air this advertisement right during Obama's acceptance speech last night. Whether your a Republican or Democrat, this looks pretty sincere, and I do agree with McCain on this move, and message in general.

"Job well done..." hmmm.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Class Act

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:03 am

hmmmm

Not so sure how to take it. On the one hand I respect McCain and believe that the message was sincere. On the other hand how would the Giants have felt if after winning the NFC Tom Brady recorded a message saying "Good job. It's quite an accomplishment to have gotten to the SuperBowl. You guys should be proud of yourselves."?

The message seems a little patronizing to me. Even though being the first minority nomination of a major party is a first, it should not be regarded as an accomplishment. The goal is to become President and not to become the Democratic Nominee. To have your opponent tell you that just getting into the game is an accomplishment is a little condescending.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:02 am

Mookie4ever wrote:The message seems a little patronizing to me. Even though being the first minority nomination of a major party is a first, it should not be regarded as an accomplishment. The goal is to become President and not to become the Democratic Nominee. To have your opponent tell you that just getting into the game is an accomplishment is a little condescending.

Yup I agree word for word.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:37 am

This is something noone has ever done. Class act in my opinion.

It was better than airing an Bidens opinion of Obama http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lknTPvH1wSg

This just shows that no matter how sincere and kind you are you still won't win over everybody.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:20 pm

To compare this to football is totally ridiculous IMO. I believe he was trying to do something right, but people will believe what they want.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk