2008 Outlook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

2008 Outlook

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 Outlook

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Anybody got any predictions? I've looked through the schedule and this is what I see: B-)

Week 1 @ GB: An intriguing opening game with Aaron Rodgers in his first start. I am not sure how T-Jax will fare against a solid D and coming off an injury. I see a defensive battle but think we pull this one out 16-13.

(1-0)

Week 2 vs. IND: I am not buying the talk of Indy's demise. Manning and co. are dominant early in the year and I expect their O to be able to move the ball pretty well. The absence of Madieu Williams could really hurt in this game. Indy rolls in and takes it 24-17.

(1-1)

Week 3 vs. CAR: It sucks that Steve Smith is coming back this week, but I still think we have what it takes to shut down the Panthers. DeAngelo could cause some problems with his outside speed and catching ability, but as long as Smoot is not playing Smith 1 on 1 in this game I think we contain him. Peterson and Taylor run through the Panthers suddenly questionable D-Line and lead the squad to a 27-14 win.

(2-1)

Week 4 @ TEN: Young has looked clueless all preseason and the Titans passing game just does not look scary at all. LenDale and Johnson will have trouble finding running lanes and the Titans offense will stall. I feel this is a great matchup for the Vikes and Tarvaris finds his stride in this one; 24-9 Vikes.

(3-1)

Week 5 @ NO: Brees is surgical in the way he moves the ball down the field, and if Madieu is still out and Tyrell Johnson has not made huge strides as a rookie, we could get gashed through the air. I see this being an entertaining tilt but feel like it's gonna be tough with all of New Orleans weapons. Shockey could have a field day. 24-20 Saints.

(3-2)

Week 6 vs. DET: Who is starting at LT for Detroit? Jeff Backus? Jared Allen could break the sack record in this game, and AD and Chester can run all day. Vikes get up early and cruise, we own Detroit. Vikes win 35-10.

(4-2)

Week 7 vs. CHI: One of the league's offenses vs. one of the league's best defenses, could turn ugly for Da Bears. Vikes move to a methodical 19-6 win as Longwell boots 4 FG's.

(5-2)

Week 9 vs. HOU: The Texans are improving but I don't feel they have what it takes to win in the Dome. Allen gets rookie Duane Brown and could have another big day. Sidney Rice and Berrian torch the Texans secondary for a TD each. 31-14 Vikes.

(6-2)

Week 10 vs. GB: I always feel as though a split is coming with Green Bay and they're still a very talented squad. Rodgers has experience under his belt and leads the Packers in a hardfought contest to a 17-16 win.

(6-3)

Week 11 @ TB: Tampa doesn't really scare me. They're old at some key spots which could lead to injuries this year. Another methodical, somewhat boring 20-7 win.

(7-3)

Week 12 @ JAX: Could be a bloodbath with the running games and defense that both teams employ. These squads look awfully similar, and I think home field wins out in this one. Jacksonville wins 17-14.

(7-4)

Week 13 vs. CHI: Grossman is running the show again at this point. Forte 14 times for 1 yard. Mike Brown suffers his annual injury and the Bears D implodes. Vikes offense and defense fire on all cylinders and pound Chicago 34-0.

(8-4)

Week 14 @ DET: Kitna limps into Ford Field and admirably tosses an early scoring strike to Calvin Johnson. The Vikes pin their ears back after that and Allen tallies another 4 sacks, registering half of his season total in two games against the Lions. AD runs for over 200 as the Vikes cruise in Detroit for a 27-14 win. Kitna says eff it and retires after being sacked 12 times.

(9-4)

Week 15 @ ARI: A sneaky game as Arizona has the physical receivers to beat up our corners. Edge runs 22 times for 35 yards but punches in a key TD. The offense stalls in the heat and limps away with a loss. 24-13 Cardinals.

(9-5)

Week 16 vs. ATL: The Falcons are just not good. Vikes win with ease, 28-6.

(10-5)

Week 17 vs. NYG: The G-Men are battling for a wild card and the Vikes are looking to lock up the division. Without Osi, the Giant D is vulnerable and the Vikes move the ball effectively. Vikes win 28-17.

(11-5)

11-5 seems reasonable. I expect between 10-12 wins but the schedule is pretty tough. B-)
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Outlook

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:39 am

Nice breakdown, especially liked the second Bear game analysis. Funny, yet very true. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:23 pm

Time to blow up these predictions.

TJack = Ham Sandwich
Chilly = Must Go away
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Simply got outcoached yesterday. T-Jax is not a good QB at this point Chilly also puts him in a position to fail. You HAVE to open up the playbook, I don't care if you still don't trust Jackson, you have to threaten teams downfield. Having Berrian run the same fly-route once a quarter and running a bootleg every pass play is not what I call opening it up. We dominated the Colts for a large portion of the game but kicking FG's gets you nowhere in the long run.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:26 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Simply got outcoached yesterday. T-Jax is not a good QB at this point Chilly also puts him in a position to fail. You HAVE to open up the playbook, I don't care if you still don't trust Jackson, you have to threaten teams downfield. Having Berrian run the same fly-route once a quarter and running a bootleg every pass play is not what I call opening it up. We dominated the Colts for a large portion of the game but kicking FG's gets you nowhere in the long run.

I would have been happy with even running on a 3rd and 8 as long as tjack is at the helm. :-°
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mystykoekaki » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Nice win peeps...keep it rolling next week. We can beat that team. SKOL VIKES!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Minnesota Vikings