This years Marques Colston(Marcus Henry)? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This years Marques Colston(Marcus Henry)?

Moderator: Football Moderators

This years Marques Colston(Marcus Henry)?

Postby brett5673 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:15 pm

Now, i know Nooffseason is a business first, and they want to sell things obviously, but they brought up an interesting name, Marcus Henry. On their site they obviously touted up how they spotted colston and this guy is him all over, and i hate that cause you cant just put that in cement, but whatever. Now, I hate to always be looking for the next Colston cause im not sure if that will ever happen again, but yah never know( I gotta for my own sake, in 06 I let him go after week 2 and my Friend went to Mr. Friendly for Fantasy help at WR and I said take Colston and see what he does :-o ). Ive seen good articles and hype for guys like Royal and Morgan, and even courtney taylor, but there is one thing i worry about in all these hyped up rookies. Their Size. Almost every WR that has had fantasy impact as a rookie is a size mismatch. Morgan is 6, Taylor 6'1, and Royal 5'10(ooh), all fairly average, morgan is a solid at 220 though. Now, obviously those three guys could have impact, and i hope they do since ive picked them up in some leagues, but the thing Henry has is his size. hes 6'4, 215(a little light) and has sure hands. I do not believe he is quite as fast as Colston, but still. The other thing is the Jets have 2 extremely solid WRs at Cotchery and Coles, while the Saints were much shakier, so it will be harder to see the field for him. But, if an injury were to occur(and the backup WR's are soooooooooo) to Coles or Cotchery, Henry might have a chance to shine. Ive tried to do as much as I can in thought for this, and I would not be sold at all on him right now, but if Favre doesnt get any Chemistry with the main 2, or needs a reliable TD target, it could be Henry. Right now with injuries he is a Primary backup. I want to know if anyone else has heard of him or heard good or bad things about him.
Last edited by brett5673 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: This years Marques Colston(Marcus Henry)?

Postby LeBron James » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:40 pm

No, I have never heard of him, but I'll keep an eye out though, thanks for the info. ;-D
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby footballsimp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:01 pm

always looking for the next Colston. thanks for the heads up.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby brett5673 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:09 pm

oh, and sorry if you read, but i guess courtney taylor isnt a rookie, bit 2nd year guy, my mistake
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dmacblue » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Yeah thanks for the nice article and heads up. You could very well earn yourself a lifetime supply of beer if this tip pays off ;-D

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby Montana » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Henry has some long term potential, but the odds of him sliding into the #3 roll this season are somewhat slim.

I'd recommend people keep an eye on Henry, and if an injury occurs to Cotchery, maybe take a flier on him.

But the guy to watch right now on the Jets, is WR Brad Smith......he's 6'2, ran a 4.46 a couple years ago at the combine, before we drafted him.

A QB in college we drafted him for his raw talent, with the idea of moving him to WR, and he's made excellent strides over the last couple of years.......he's great at stretching the field, has greatly improved his route running, and already seems to have built a bit of a rapport with Favre.

Probably only a guy you want to keep on eye on in very deep leagues............but he's got some serious break-out material.....As someone who watches the Jets religiously, and has seen lots of both in Jets camp, and pre-season....Henry's a guy you simply keep an eye on for now, while Smith's the guy you want to take a gamble on, in deeper leagues.
Montana
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Montana » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:02 pm

For what it's worth.......it's also Brad Smith's magical "3rd Year" at WR.
Montana
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sirpimpindynamic » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am

I played high school ball with Marcus, he's a career over achiever... Didnt even have a scholarship offer until May or so and he got that at the high school "senior bowl" here in southwest oklahoma...

Kansas was DEPLETED at wr, and they saw a tall kid and took a chance... Kind of crazy to go from NO offers to D-1 and playing as a true freshman...

While at the NFL level I DO NOT envision him as the next colston (doesnt have the same skill set, not GREAT hands and very avg. speed)

I can say he's a hard worker (and as far as I know) the tallest WR on the team... if injuries do occur he will be worth a look in deeper leagues...

;-D
sirpimpindynamic
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Henry may be decent but the problem is that Clowney is better and the Jets seem to think that as well. Since he's injured for a while it may give Henry some time to try and prove himself but I still think he gets bumped back down once Clowney comes back.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk