49ers Fantasy Preview

Moderator: Football Moderators

49ers Fantasy Preview

Postby The Lung » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm

From: http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/experts/ladd-biro/20080829.html

49ers preview: Horror show with plenty of Gore
Aug. 29, 2008

WHAT'S NEW

I don't know why the Fantasy Source editors are so upset with me, but I intend to get to the bottom of this.

I'm sure they'll deny it, but why else would they ask me to write the 49ers preview? I must have offended Winkler with my snarky comments about his draft picks in the annual fantasy football guide.

Oh well, maybe I'm in line for some hazard pay.

According to my research, San Francisco announced earlier this year that they would once again field a team in the National Football League for the 2008 season. Later, they mentioned that a fine young man named John Thomas O'Sullivan (that's what Wikipedia says, so it has to be true) has volunteered to hand the ball to Frank Gore this season and then quickly get out of the way.

O'Sullivan was promptly initiated into the 49ers' not-so-exclusive DND fraternity - as in Do Not Draft.

Indeed, it's likely to be another painful season for the 49ers. Sure, Mike Martz is in town, but even a mad scientist needs the right ingredients to ply his craft. Gore has a chance to rebound from a tough 2007 campaign, but he's still stuck behind one of the shakiest offensive lines in the league.

On a positive note, Andy Lee is an elite, Pro Bowl punter!

If you're not terribly busy for the next few minutes, I invite you to read on. But if you'd prefer the Cliffs Notes version of this preview, here it is:

Gore: good. Rest of team: not so much

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to San Francisco 49ers