Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Hey Dee, what do you think about (for future weeks) throwing up everyone's personal rankings in the thread? The article could still be the same way it was, but then have everyone's individual rankings as the first post of the discussion thread? I think it's cool seeing how everyone voted individually.

It would probably be a pain to pull them out of the spreadsheet as we submit them now, but I don't think it would be too tough for each individual ranker to also submit them in list format in addition to the spreadsheet (I know I do mine in list format first anyway and then transfer them over). We could even put them in the spreadsheet, just like in column E (with column D numbered 1-30) or something for you to copy/paste out.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:54 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Hey Dee, what do you think about (for future weeks) throwing up everyone's personal rankings in the thread? The article could still be the same way it was, but then have everyone's individual rankings as the first post of the discussion thread? I think it's cool seeing how everyone voted individually.

It would probably be a pain to pull them out of the spreadsheet as we submit them now, but I don't think it would be too tough for each individual ranker to also submit them in list format in addition to the spreadsheet (I know I do mine in list format first anyway and then transfer them over). We could even put them in the spreadsheet, just like in column E (with column D numbered 1-30) or something for you to copy/paste out.

Yea, works for me. Everyone can actually just send me there Top 30 in order and I can add them to my article. It would be easier for me to post them that way in the thread. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 pm

So forget the spreadsheet and just PM you the list?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:06 pm

VaderFin wrote:So forget the spreadsheet and just PM you the list?

Yep ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:18 pm

Deeray, in the article, why does it have 31 for every team that people didn't rank?

And how did you figure that into the rankings?
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:35 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:Deeray, in the article, why does it have 31 for every team that people didn't rank?

And how did you figure that into the rankings?

Everyone sends me their top 30. If a team was not in the top 30, they get a 31. I think that is the most accurate way to do it rather then throw those numbers out of the equation.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Just sent you my rankings for week 2 ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Freakin' Hokies, iirc I made up my list when it looked like Taylor would at least share snaps at QB, then the coaches decide to redshirt him and Glennon plays like a high school QB, and now Taylor will forget the redshirt and play against Furman this weekend.

The handling of the offense is just killing me. Stinespring needs to go, and the coaches need to play the best players regardless of age. Ugh. :-C
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Mugrila wrote:Freakin' Hokies, iirc I made up my list when it looked like Taylor would at least share snaps at QB, then the coaches decide to redshirt him and Glennon plays like a high school QB, and now Taylor will forget the redshirt and play against Furman this weekend.

The handling of the offense is just killing me. Stinespring needs to go, and the coaches need to play the best players regardless of age. Ugh. :-C

Did they drop the redshirt? That would effect where I put them
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm going to do my rankings tonite...but lose to ECU, who played well and is a pretty decent team but are still ECU, in Week 1 and you aren't going to be in my Top 30, period.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football