Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 pm

VaderFin wrote:I'm going to do my rankings tonite...but lose to ECU, who played well and is a pretty decent team but are still ECU, in Week 1 and you aren't going to be in my Top 30, period.


I had them out of my 30, but if Tyrod is the QB I think they could sneak back in.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes, they dropped Taylor's redshirt and he will start next game. That puts VT in my top 30, somewhere between 25-30. Not sure where yet.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:16 pm

knapplc wrote:Yes, they dropped Taylor's redshirt and he will start next game. That puts VT in my top 30, somewhere between 25-30. Not sure where yet.


My exact thought
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:45 pm

I have them at 28, I think they get better with every game considering just how young the team is as a whole. A lot of playmakers, but it's just a matter of adjusting to the college game.

But what do I know, I'm just a homer. B-)
Image
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 633
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching the Seahawks win the NFC

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby VaderFin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:58 pm

I had VT ranked 22 before the loss...bye bye.
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:00 pm

VaderFin wrote:I had VT ranked 22 before the loss...bye bye.

You had them ranked too high, but not by much. Who are you putting ahead of them, and how far down do you think they go? 35? 40? 45?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Mugrila wrote:I have them at 28, I think they get better with every game considering just how young the team is as a whole. A lot of playmakers, but it's just a matter of adjusting to the college game.

But what do I know, I'm just a homer. B-)


I think it was dumb to pull the red shirt off though. You already ruined your season, you should just roll with it and have him for an extra season
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I have them at 28, I think they get better with every game considering just how young the team is as a whole. A lot of playmakers, but it's just a matter of adjusting to the college game.

But what do I know, I'm just a homer. B-)


I think it was dumb to pull the red shirt off though. You already ruined your season, you should just roll with it and have him for an extra season


I disagree, I still think there's a shot at another ACC title game with TT playing. The dumb thing would be to split time between Glennon/Taylor. Taylor needs to get more than the majority of the snaps or it will be a terrible move.

The loss certainly won't ruin a season, take 1995-96 season where we opened with a losses to BC and Cincinnati and ended up running the table and beating Texas in the Sugar Bowl. Not saying we will do that, just that it can be done. Ol' Frank knows that.
Image
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 633
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching the Seahawks win the NFC

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:44 pm

Mugrila wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I have them at 28, I think they get better with every game considering just how young the team is as a whole. A lot of playmakers, but it's just a matter of adjusting to the college game.

But what do I know, I'm just a homer. B-)


I think it was dumb to pull the red shirt off though. You already ruined your season, you should just roll with it and have him for an extra season


I disagree, I still think there's a shot at another ACC title game with TT playing. The dumb thing would be to split time between Glennon/Taylor. Taylor needs to get more than the majority of the snaps or it will be a terrible move.

The loss certainly won't ruin a season, take 1995-96 season where we opened with a losses to BC and Cincinnati and ended up running the table and beating Texas in the Sugar Bowl. Not saying we will do that, just that it can be done. Ol' Frank knows that.


I guess its what you consider "ruined". They have no shot at the NC, which is my definition of ruined after week 1.

Although, the division title would be a success, so I guess if they win out it will be a great season ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Week 1 Cafe College Rankings Poll Discussion

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:00 pm

With something like 41% of the team having never playing in a college game, I don't think a NC was quite in the cards. :-b
Image
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 633
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching the Seahawks win the NFC

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:39 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact