Positions for 7 Bench Slots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Positions for 7 Bench Slots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Positions for 7 Bench Slots

Postby dinomosin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 am

My 1st Draft ever is a 2:00 and there are seven bench spots. What positions are best to put in these slots?
Do you put a Defense and a Kicker and TE or leave 1 or more out?

Also I did a mock auction and had money left over. Is it just wasted?
dinomosin
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Positions for 7 Bench Slots

Postby Pats4four » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:28 pm

With 7 bench spots I'd go QB, 3 RBs and 3WRs. I wouldn't use a bench spot for a kicker or defense ever because they're so unpredictable and you can always find good options on the wire. I may use a spot on a TE, it really depends who you've got starting for you, if you've got an iffy option then I would probably draft a 2nd TE and sacrifice a WR.

Dunno about the auction question, never done one before but remember don't spend all your money just for the sake of it, spend it wisely.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Big Game JLo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:22 pm

I agree with Pats4Four. Using one spot for a QB is a good idea in case your first goes down with an injury, is on a bye week, in a slump or due to matchups (depending on how good your #1 is versus your #2).

The remaining bench spots should be used on mostly RB's & WR's because that's where most of the fantasy points come out of. Most of these picks are usually for the "potential" type players. Guys that could breakout or become the #1 on their team's depth chart.

Alternatively, leaving one slot open is also sometimes a good idea (depending on what's left in free agency). Using that open slot to fill in bye week needs, hot players, etc.
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:38 am

dinomosin wrote:My 1st Draft ever is a 2:00 and there are seven bench spots. What positions are best to put in these slots?
Do you put a Defense and a Kicker and TE or leave 1 or more out?

Also I did a mock auction and had money left over. Is it just wasted?

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

It's too late for your 1st question, and the above advice was very good. Regarding the auction question...yes & no. In a way it's wasted because you might've been able to get a better player or players by spending all your money. There's also no advantage or gain by keeping the $$. But if you get the players you wanted and have some $$ left over, no harm done IMO. We did a mock auction here and I overspent for ADP and a few other guys. I ended up with $8 left & 8 spots to fill. So I got to the point where I had to wait until the end and just fill out my team with $1 players (minimum bid). I hope that helps a little. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Beginner's Forum