Games Talk: Week 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Games Talk: Week 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Games Talk: Week 1

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:58 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:Isn't it ironic that Fulmer (a run first coach, an OL when he played) would have probably been pounding the ball more if he was still calling the plays, but there was all of this hype this offseason about Dave Clawson and he chooses to pass instead. How you have one back averaging over 7 yards a carry, another averaging over 5 yards a carry and you still throw the ball with a QB who is throwing below 50% for the day boggles my mind.

Yes, but at sometime in the game it is the job of the HC to take that over. I remember when we played SC and Urban said he believed that Mullen was trying to outsmart Spurrier and he had to take control for a bit and stop running those trick plays Mullen was trying. In the end it falls on the HC and I think that will be Fulmer's downfall. i think he was comfortable with Cutcliff in the past and he needs a more active role in the decisions.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Games Talk: Week 1

Postby jayday » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:24 am

Preseason article on the Vols from my favorite college football blog, SMQ. The "What's Changed" and "Best Case" sections are worth reading if you're strapped for time... He goes right into what we're discussing.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football