Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:53 pm

brett5673 wrote:okay, ill definitely say his chances are very limited now that the Raiders signed Lelie, not that hes really that big of a threat, but whatever.


But it could very well mean they are one injury away from him being on the streets without a team, so that is the significant part of it.

Sometimes when I read stuff like this I have to remember dynasties in ind because I tend to forget since I am not in any dynasties myself.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Ha, see we came at this thread different...I am yet to be in a re-draft this year :-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 63)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:30 pm

brett5673 wrote:He has his downsides with his hands not being great


That's a pretty big negative in the NFL!
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby Felix the Cat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:33 pm

stomperrob wrote:
brett5673 wrote:He has his downsides with his hands not being great


That's a pretty big negative in the NFL!


But it's something that you can work on, and I'm sure the training staff has been focusing on that. Most teams are looking for players with potential that they can develop in practice and off-season training in the 7th round - players like this guy, who are way below their peak as a football player. This is why we see teams go with "who?" picks in the 6th and 7th rounds when players who are much more polished are available - the more polished players are closer to their peaks as football players and have less potential, and a guy who's still available in the 7th round and doesn't have much room for improvement probably isn't NFL-caliber.

Then again... this guy could be another Todd Lowber. Remember him? The guy was a track star, ran a super-fast 40, got signed by the Vikings despite never having played more than backyard football, created a bit of buzz here and elsewhere as a sleeper with huge potential, and was cut 2 weeks later.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 886
Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: University of Florida, Gator Nation, USA

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby brett5673 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
brett5673 wrote:He has his downsides with his hands not being great


That's a pretty big negative in the NFL!


But it's something that you can work on, and I'm sure the training staff has been focusing on that. Most teams are looking for players with potential that they can develop in practice and off-season training in the 7th round - players like this guy, who are way below their peak as a football player. This is why we see teams go with "who?" picks in the 6th and 7th rounds when players who are much more polished are available - the more polished players are closer to their peaks as football players and have less potential, and a guy who's still available in the 7th round and doesn't have much room for improvement probably isn't NFL-caliber.

Then again... this guy could be another Todd Lowber. Remember him? The guy was a track star, ran a super-fast 40, got signed by the Vikings despite never having played more than backyard football, created a bit of buzz here and elsewhere as a sleeper with huge potential, and was cut 2 weeks later.


Some good points there. Man, Todd Lowber. bad. Anyways, this guys played football for a few years so hes not like that and he definitely has time to develop better hands. He made some decent catcvhes in the preseason, i knnow its just preseason. Im just stating a fact. Im not going on the record that he is great due to preseason
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 459
Joined: 1 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby spodog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Uh, it's the Raiders. Isn't that where WR's go to kill their careers?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4058
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At my trailer on the beach in Malibu

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby Shock6822 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:Appreaciate the topic but hopefully next time you can come up with somebody that can help fantasy teams this season.



If you don't want to read about the guy, don't come in the topic. Info like this is useful to some of us, unlike your post
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 123
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:02 pm

spodog wrote:Uh, it's the Raiders. Isn't that where WR's go to kill their careers?


I don't get why people say this...Randy Moss?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 63)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
spodog wrote:Uh, it's the Raiders. Isn't that where WR's go to kill their careers?


I don't get why people say this...Randy Moss?


2005 - 1,085 yds, 8 TD's; 2006 - 553 yds, 3 TD's. He may not have died there, but he was sure as he** comatose! ;-) :-b
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Another Odd guy, Chaz Schilens

Postby macdona1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Is this thread a joke?
macdona1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 560
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:38 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact