Fantasy Football Live Scoring? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Live Scoring?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football Live Scoring?

Postby Patriots2007 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Is it possible to make a Workbook where you fill in your players names, and it goes through Yahoo box scores looking up the players stats. Then you multiply those stats by their fantasy point values? Like using HLOOKUP's and stuff?

Or does somebody have a spreadsheet that they do this with and would be willing to share with me?

Or could somebody recommend a PHP one that's simple enough to make? I kinda promised my friends I'd get them free live scoring without having to buy StatTracker.
Thanks,
Mike
Last edited by Patriots2007 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Patriots2007
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Football Excel Scoring?

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Yeah, it's definitely possible because there are several web sites that do that (free stattrackers) using PHP, etc. I don't have an example. If you're handy with Excel look into Web Queries. If you're not very handy will Excel VBA (or .NET even) than it might be far too much of a hassle.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Patriots2007 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:26 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah, it's definitely possible because there are several web sites that do that (free stattrackers) using PHP, etc. I don't have an example. If you're handy with Excel look into Web Queries. If you're not very handy will Excel VBA (or .NET even) than it might be far too much of a hassle.

http://statfink.sourceforge.net/

I can just install that stuff on a free web server and it'll work?
Patriots2007
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:38 pm

Don't have any experience with it but it looks like it will. Nice find. I am going to try that out myself. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Patriots2007 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:Don't have any experience with it but it looks like it will. Nice find. I am going to try that out myself. ;-D

I looked at it, and I couldn't figure out how to change the scoring, or whether it was updated for this season.
Patriots2007
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Patriots2007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:04 am

Is there any easier one's than StatFink that anybody can recommend? This free host I'm using, I'm way over my head. I can't even access my pages. And they're all uploaded and everything.
Patriots2007
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk