ESPN - Is it me or..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN - Is it me or.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN - Is it me or.....

Postby nichelle » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:38 pm

... is every player on the field god like in the Packers/Vikes game?

Brett Favre is AMAZING. That was a great play!! See that block? That was so smart? What a kick!! Good job on the return! Randy Moss is incredible. The Packers are doing a beautiful job. Michael Bennett is great!

I'm a Vikings fan who loves my team and has a lot of respect for Favre. But this is weird. Have I missed the comments that were not all praise for everyone on the field?

Oh wait... I just heard "That is stupidity" regarding a late hit. Whew.
nichelle Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:40 pm

Yeah, announcers like to praise players alot. I think they need to have an commentating group that just bashes all the players. Now that would be entertaining.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:40 pm

well, you do have to admit, you are seeing a lot of great plays in this game. It is a fun shootout.

Enjoy the game, don't let the announcers bother you too much, yes, I know, sometimes you can't help it.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:41 pm

Whatever the announcers are like, it's got to be better than Brent Musberger.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:41 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Yeah, announcers like to praise players alot. I think they need to have an commentating group that just bashes all the players. Now that would be entertaining.

apparently not, the XFL is out of business
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nichelle » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:44 pm

Yeah, announcers like to praise players alot. I think they need to have an commentating group that just bashes all the players. Now that would be entertaining.

Hey, I'm all for praise! And both teams are quality. I sing Moss' praises as much as anyone else. It just seems strange that there isn't commentary on Minn's defense during this game, etc.

I'm not asking for anti-player commentary but rather just a tempo that is more even keeled. That's all.
nichelle Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:58 pm

I swear these guys would give their left nut to smell Favre's jockstrap.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Exploding Sheep » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:02 pm

Randy Cross is the worst! Not only is he an idiot but he explains everything as if we are all morons like him!
Exploding Sheep Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:21 am

Exploding Sheep wrote:Randy Cross is the worst! Not only is he an idiot but he explains everything as if we are all morons like him!

Thank you! Cross shows just how few announcers there must be, a complete idiot who does all the things I hate about announcers. Most notworthy is they have an agenda, a storyline they want to tell, and won't let whatever is happening on the field change the story. LandPhil Simms is the worst! He can start talking about the only thing he researched, say the Phins game, for example. He will procede to tell how Ricky and the Dolphins will wear down defenses as we all watch Ricky get the ball 15 times or whatever it was! Never let what's happening on the field get in your way, LandPhil!
What the announcers are great for is drinking games. An easy drunken party is if you all have one every time that a player/coach/fans/hotdog vender is the best at something. "Oh Kev Blahblah is one of the best guys in the locker room...gulp gulp gulp...he is the leagues top Sunday night performer in the second have of odd numvered seasons... it goes on and on.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Poobah » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:23 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Yeah, announcers like to praise players alot. I think they need to have an commentating group that just bashes all the players. Now that would be entertaining.

Gee, just get Cris Collinsworth in there!!! He was crucifying the Dallas-Washington game. Of course, a good part of the game was worth it.... which reminds me, I need to go find thelongestyard and his cronies and see how their bags fit!!!

B-)
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk