Week 1 Survival Pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 1 Survival Pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 Survival Pick

Postby WeekSixteen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:02 pm

All good points, I think I'll take Indy at home. Better play it safe week 1.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WeekSixteen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 pm

Here are my picks for our pick pool through myfantasyleague. It's to much work to type it out so here's a pic. Let me know what you think.

WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:03 pm

Cincinnati over Baltimore.

Joe Flacco is going to experience a baptism under fire and they have no other QBs to plug in if something happens. This will be the start of a very long season for Baltimore.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:08 pm

Yo Jason,

I'd probably wouldn't pick against the Pack, not with them playing at home. I don't care how inexperienced Rodgers is, he's 10x better than anything the Vikes can put out there. Don't forget that GBay's D is good. Vikes are gonna struggle big time to score.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WeekSixteen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Yo Jason,

I'd probably wouldn't pick against the Pack, not with them playing at home. I don't care how inexperienced Rodgers is, he's 10x better than anything the Vikes can put out there. Don't forget that GBay's D is good. Vikes are gonna struggle big time to score.

I wasn't super confident about it as you can tell by the ranking, but the Vikes are better than the pack a tad, and Adrian will be the difference. Rogers will keep it close but Vikes edge it out.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Cincinnati over Baltimore.

Joe Flacco is going to experience a baptism under fire and they have no other QBs to plug in if something happens. This will be the start of a very long season for Baltimore.
True but the Bengals have a host of issues that scare the crap out of me. Who knows what to expect from their RB's, they have like nobody but Housh to throw the ball to, O-Line might be shaky... Plus it's IN Baltimore. Baltimore's D might be old but they can still play.

McGahee should get 40 carries in the game in efforts to help Flacco out and he alone could lead Baltimore victory in a low scoring 13-7 type game.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:23 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Cincinnati over Baltimore.

True but the Bengals have a host of issues that scare the crap out of me. Who knows what to expect from their RB's, they have like nobody but Housh to throw the ball to, O-Line might be shaky... Plus it's IN Baltimore. Baltimore's D might be old but they can still play.

McGahee should get 40 carries in the game in efforts to help Flacco out and he alone could lead Baltimore victory in a low scoring 13-7 type game.

If McGahee's out is this a no-brainer for the Bengals?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Whoops my mistake I forgot McGahee's not 100%.

Ray Rice will get 25 carries and McGahee will get 15 in that case. Either way the Ravens will run the ball more than a ton in the game- I can't say it's a no brainer for the Bengals but with McGahee hurt it's a whole lot better for the Bengals.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby no2leads » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 am

i tihnk JasonX has Giants at Confidence 7 game is too high...this is a field goal game that will be decided in 4th quarter. Campbell isn't bad, Redskins have some weapons.
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LeBron James » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Big Game JLo wrote:Who are you picking this week? I'm personally leaning towards the NY Jets. They get to play Miami and I feel that Brett Favre is dieing to throw the football and to get all this "retirement" talk behind him.

I wouldn't touch this game. Chad Pennington is gonna want revenge on his old team. Plus Miami is at home with a very strong running game. I would go safe with NE or Indy.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk