Auction style waiver wire...need help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Auction style waiver wire...need help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction style waiver wire...need help

Postby bungle613 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Allright, we are instituting an auction style waiver wire in a dynasty league I help run. We have most of it down but are running into several "logistic" problems the further we get into this. We are giving out $100 for the season.

The big question right now is how to prioritize the bids.

EG:

Owner 1 wants to bid

$29 on Chris Perry
$18 on Kenny Watson
$6 on Colt Brennan
$1 on Darius Walker
$1 on Tom Brady (no, not really)

We have a roster limit that everyone is at so drops need to be made for each successful bid.

Question arising.

1) DOes an owner have to name a drop for each bid made?
2) Can an owner state that if succesful on the first bid that is where he wants to stop and list only 1 player to drop?
3) If the owner has only 2 players he is willing ot drop is he held to only making 2 bids and potentially getting shut out?

It is not a sliding scale so whatever is bid is what you pay. Bids remained sealed until waivers are done and then myself and the other commish sort through it. Having never doen this before it seems to be raising more and more questions.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction style waiver wire...need help

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:01 am

bungle613 wrote:1) DOes an owner have to name a drop for each bid made?
2) Can an owner state that if succesful on the first bid that is where he wants to stop and list only 1 player to drop?
3) If the owner has only 2 players he is willing ot drop is he held to only making 2 bids and potentially getting shut out?

1.) Yes
2.) Yes
3.) No

Think of it as the waiver wire, with the highest bids being processed first. Let's say, using your example, that I want to pick up the first three guys in that order and the guys I want to drop are A, B, and C (in that order). If I wanted to make three roster moves I would have to make the following bids.

$29 for Perry, Drop A
$18 for Watson, Drop A
$18 for Watson, Drop B
$6 for Brennan, Drop A
$6 for Brennan, Drop B
$6 for Brennan, Drop C

Every time one of my bid's is successful, I am unable to complete a bid where I drop the same player. Also, this way, if I lose out on Perry, I can still drop A in my Watson bid, etc.

Technically, this is how it should be submitted. However, I see no problem doing combined drop bids like the following: $6 for Brennan, Drop A, B or C (in order). I just typed the whole thing out because it is a little easier to follow that way.
What do these years have in common?
1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1996.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Auction style waiver wire...need help

Postby bungle613 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:16 am

Steve-o wrote:
bungle613 wrote:1) DOes an owner have to name a drop for each bid made?

1.) Yes
2.) Yes
3.) No

Think of it as the waiver wire, with the highest bids being processed first. Let's say, using your example, that I want to pick up the first three guys in that order and the guys I want to drop are A, B, and C (in that order). If I wanted to make three roster moves I would have to make the following bids.

$29 for Perry, Drop A
$18 for Watson, Drop A
$18 for Watson, Drop B
$6 for Brennan, Drop A
$6 for Brennan, Drop B
$6 for Brennan, Drop C

Every time one of my bid's is successful, I am unable to complete a bid where I drop the same player. Also, this way, if I lose out on Perry, I can still drop A in my Watson bid, etc.

Technically, this is how it should be submitted. However, I see no problem doing combined drop bids like the following: $6 for Brennan, Drop A, B or C (in order). I just typed the whole thing out because it is a little easier to follow that way.

OK, appreciate the help Steve. DO me a favour, and check back in here as I am sure more questions will follow. :-b

I may just PM you if that is cool?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk