Yahoo drafts screwed last night - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo drafts screwed last night

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Yahoo drafts screwed last night

Postby dnbreaks » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:36 am

biju wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:In case you are curious, it happens/happened when the circumstances of your draft, combined with your exclusions, combine so that the autodraft can't possibly give you a complete starting lineup. For example, the case that finally let us narrow it down was a guy that excluded all but 10 kickers, and by the time the autopicking algorithm tried to get him a kicker, all 10 were gone. The first priority of the autopicker is to make sure you end up with a starting lineup, so this led it into a weird and unintended code path.

That is kind of an awesome bug. Congrats on the find, I know those can be tough to find although it seems to me that this should have been an immediate edge case and caught by QA (assuming your team does releases this way) pretty quickly.

But enough with that, congrats on the bug find. Those can certainly be tricky... ;-D

I know this post is two years old but I'm running up against this problem right now. I ranked all my players for a yahoo draft that I'm going to miss this weekend. I have excluded all kickers so it doesn't pick a kicker for me in the 8th round. I tried my rankings out in several mocks and once it gets past my starters the computer starts ignoring my rankings for the bench picks.

Can anybody provide any help? Is this just a problem in the mock drafts or is my real draft this weekend going to have the same problem?
dnbreaks
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo drafts screwed last night

Postby footballsimp » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:03 am

I have been in draft after draft on ESPN where owners havent been there. They changed their rankings but they still ended up with 8 RBs and 3 TEs and just one person at other positions.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk