How does the health of the Indy O-Line effect Addai etc.? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How does the health of the Indy O-Line effect Addai etc.?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How does the health of the Indy O-Line effect Addai etc.?

Postby mickuwich » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:08 am

I am 9th in a 14 team draft where Addai fell to me last night.I know the line issues but I don't consider them bad enough to drop him that low.I think I got a steal am I wrong? You have to figure just goal line carries alone make Joe worth the 9th pick,so I pulled the trigger and passed on Barber (Felix Jones), Marshawn (Peters no had camp and not reporting),and Brees whom I got in round two anyway.Only Gore may come back to haunt me imo with Braylon still a question mark because of injury.
mickuwich
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How does the health of the Indy O-Line effect Addai etc.?

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:01 pm

9th isn't that out of line with where he should be going. Lemme guess... LT, ADP, Jackson, Gore, Barber, Brady, Westbrook, and Portis or Moss all went before him? The only real reaches there are Portis/Moss and MAYBE Brady (though I think you can make a case for him...) Beyond that, I like Addai about equal to Barber. I like LT, ADP, SJax, Gore, and Westbrook more than Addai this year. So I'd see 6-8 as reasonable. 9 just made him the obvious pick.

I think Chicago will have a better run blocking game in the first week or two this season than they had all of last season, so I wouldn't put much stock in how he does in week 1 (though you have every reason to be optimistic.)

The line health does diminish Addai's value a little, but it's the Colts, and they're gonna find a way to put up big offense no matter what.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: How does the health of the Indy O-Line effect Addai etc.?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:42 pm

It effects him somewhat, but I think Justice and Pollack will step in and do pretty well. The Colts are excellent at working the draft and both these guys should come in and make an impact. I would really start to worry if Ugoh went down, as Addai's numbers were night and day when you compare the games Ugoh played in and the games he missed. As long as Manning is healthy, Addai should post solid numbers, and if he is a little slow coming out of the gate he could make a great buy low as Saturday and Lilja should be back Week 7.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk