A Real Coach - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Miami Dolphins

A Real Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

A Real Coach

Postby Phinphan » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:17 am

I am the biggest of big Dolphins fans and have defenced Wannsteadt to the end so far. But after watching the Phins bumble away another game at home I think it is time for ownership to consider a change in head coaches. Realistically I think the Phins should be sitting at 6-2 ro possibly 7-1. We lost to a very very average Houston team on opening day, we lost to NE because our million dollar kicker couldn't hit not one but two very makeable field goals, and we lost to Indy on a fumble inside the opponents 20 where the QB should have just thrown the ball away. Am I missing something or are these areas that the coaching staff should be more responsible for. I think it is time for Wanny to go.

QB: Vick, McNair, Ramsey, Fiedler
RB: A. Green, James, Hambrick, D. Davis, Betts, Shipp, A. Smith
WR: Holt, Mason, D. Jackson, A.Johnson, Warrick, Gardner
K: J. Brown, Pochman
D/ST: St. Louis, GB
Phinphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spider-Monk » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:50 pm

I'm a big Bills fan, and although are teams are hated rivals, I guarentee you everyone in Buff. would take Wanstat over Greg Williams. The Bills haven't been in the playoffs since Doug Flutie was the QB, we haven't won a playoff game since Jim Kelly was the QB.

Didn't Jimmy Johnson hand the Head Coaching job to Wanstat?
Spider-Monk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Orange and Blue » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:18 am

Miami is a coach's dream job. They've got a workhorse back and a top 5 defense. They've got one of the best TEs in McMichaels, and a truly great WR in Chambers. All they need is a good coach and a good QB and they have a dominant team. Wannstadt isn't so much the problem as Norv Turner. The offense is predictable and stagnant. 70% of the time they run Ricky on first down- and opposing defenses KNOW this. Heck, I've seen them run Ricky on first and 10, get a holding call, run him on first and 20, get another holding call, and then run him on first and *30*! He picked up 6 yards, leaving them with a [sarcasm]very mangeable[/sarcasm] 2nd and 24. Turner's offense is predictable, it's unimaginative, and it doesn't take advantage of its own strengths. Ricky has been exposed as the slightly better than average back that he is (though he's a reall Hoss), and Turner doesn't know how to respond (certainly not by coaching his O-line how to block).

I've been laughing at the Dolphins discomfort all season. They overpaid to get Griese, hoping that he could be the starter (they should have asked any Broncos fan, the guy is bad news, no matter WHAT his numbers say to the contrary). They refused to diversify their offense. What's more, a loss to Philly almost guarantees Denver the final wildcard.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Miami Dolphins