Google Chrome - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Google Chrome

Moderator: Football Moderators

Google Chrome

Postby AVeagles27 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:16 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this new browser besides me. It is still a beta so there are still some issues they have to work out, but I would like to know what you like about it or dislike about it. I just downloaded, and am currently using it. I like it but it is no Firefox, but it will be interesting to see how Google fixes/changes how the browser works, as well as other Internet browser.

If you haven't read of it here are a couple of links:
http://www.google.com/chrome: for downloading it
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-09-01-n47.html: other information about it
AVeagles27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Google Chrome

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Seeing how much I love Firefox I probably won't switch. Might check it out though. Using newer less popular browsers probably means less risk of malware attack.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AVeagles27 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:10 am

Yeah, I will also stay with Firefox. I think once the real version comes out it will take over IE, just because everyone will jump on the bandwagon, and because IE sucks IMO. I think they will have add ons like Firefox and when it is complete will look and run smoothly, without any issues or attacking software.
AVeagles27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 am

pretty sure i don't want an advertising company in control of the source code to my browser any more than i want microsoft in control of it. from what i have read, chrome is pretty much garbage. it opens new system processes for each tab (resource hogzilla). i doubt i'm going to be messing with its perpetual beta state.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby logan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:35 am

no thanks for me.it didn't look at that good to begin with and as moon said most of what i have heard has not been good. firefox has been to stable and too good for me to go to anything else.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 pm

We have a thread about it in the tech forum tool.

I d'loaded it, loved the UI, hated the performance. First time it chrashed my computer and wouldn't load any pages. (ironically it finally crashed when I decided to try Gmail since it wouldn't load any other pages). Tried again later that day and it was SLOW! Love the concept of the multiple processes and think its a great idea when we're all driving flying cars and have enough resources to waste like that. Don't think it would work for me and my 30+ tab browsing habits. Will be interesting to see. Firefox combined with my 20 add-ons and another 30 greasemonkey scripts and I can't handle to change from that. Heck, 3.0 on firefox really messed me up since a TON of add-ons were slow to update.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk