If Jamal Lewis misses practice tomorrow, he's out week 1? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If Jamal Lewis misses practice tomorrow, he's out week 1?

Moderator: Football Moderators

If Jamal Lewis misses practice tomorrow, he's out week 1?

Postby kemper5 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:10 am

If Jamal misses another practice tomorrow, he's pretty much out week 1? Thats what it sounded like to me from Romeo..pretty doubtful for week 1 if no practice. It's fustrating as Ive tracked this hammy problem back almost 2 weeks now. If he misses practice tomorrow, then I think his hammy is quite a bit worse than what we originally thought.
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: If Jamal Lewis misses practice tomorrow, he's out week 1?

Postby Ek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:23 am

Interesting...anyone have thoughts on how the Browns running game/carry distribution would look in that case?
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kemper5 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:42 am

When does practice run for them? I certainly hope he's there, if not, I doubt he plays this week and the hammy thing most certainly will be an issue.
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kemper5 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:46 am

Just saw this on the Brown's website..A step in the right direction..But how limited will Jamal be? We will find out..

Injury update; Browns captains named
Zac Jackson, Staff Writer
There's still no official word on their status for Sunday, but Romeo Crennel is expecting to have almost his full roster on the field for Wednesday afternoon's practice.

Crennel said he's expecting everyone except Rex Hadnot (knee) and Kris Griffin, whose injured elbow "flared up" on Monday, to "at least do something" on Wednesday.

That means Jamal Lewis will be on the practice field for the first time since he suffered a hamstring injury Aug. 18.

"He'll be out there," Crennel said. "He'll be listed as limited, so we'll see what he can do. The more he can do, the more we'll give him to do."
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TGM » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am

Update per Rotoworld from just a few minutes ago:

Jamal Lewis, CLE Sep. 3 - 11:42 am et

Jamal Lewis is expected to practice with the team Wednesday. "He'll be out there," coach Romero Crennel said. "The more he can do, the more we'll give him to do." Lewis should be fine for Week 1.

Source: ClevelandBrowns.com
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:18 am

Ek wrote:Interesting...anyone have thoughts on how the Browns running game/carry distribution would look in that case?

The Canton Repository quotes GM Phil Savage saying this- "Jamal should be good to go in the next day or so. ... If Jamal were gone for an extended period of time, you would basically see Jerome take over the first- and second-down type plays, and Jason would probably stay in the role he has now, which is a third-down back and a special teams guy. When Jamal is healthy, it takes 15 to 20 carries to really get to a point where you maximize what he can do. When that happens, it is difficult to get a second or alternate runner a lot of touches. Jason is a third-down back and special teams guy. If something were to happen to Jamal, it would be kind of a committee-type thing with (Wright and Harrison)."
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby intense » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Man, If I knew Jamal Lewis had a hammy problem, I wouldn't have drafted him. Hamstrings are terrible things to tweak and this could really linger for a while.
intense
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kemper5 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Does anyone have any updated info of how he did today in practice. Was he limited? Did he go full tilt?
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dmacblue » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:29 pm

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archi ... on-in.html

Listed as 'limited participation' Wednesday here.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby kemper5 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Just saw this on the brown's website.

Before Wednesday's practice Lewis said he was anxious to test the hamstring and see how it felt after practice.

"With a hamstring, it's a muscle," Lewis said. "Nothing heals a muscle but time. Time and rest. I've had a lot of time and rest. Hopefully it feels good today when I go out there and put it to the test."

Im sure we may hear him talk later on also.
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk