GC: Giants v. Skins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Giants v. Skins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Giants v. Skins/Republican National Convention

Postby JeremyDexter » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:15 am

"Could someone who is watching please clarify for me (I'm in China and not watching on tv, just following online)?

How awful is Jason Campbell playing and why does he only have like 9 pass attempts?

What has happened to Cooley? Is he on the field at all?"

I,m in China too also watching the game online. Where do you live in China?

I also started Cooley in two leagues I am in. Annoying. :-X
JeremyDexter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:51 am

Campbell looked awful, he didn't throw any picks, but still....awful, the only Redskins that impressed me were Portis who somehow got 84 yards out of that awful game (still sucks) and Randle El who actually looked halfway decent when Campbell got the ball somewhere near him.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby HomerJay » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:33 am

I finally got to see the game....the scene where Campbell was putting HIS hand on Zorn's shoulder and telling him how things are 8-o ...wow...this is going to be a LONG season for the Skins.
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby biju » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:28 am

I watched the game last night although I was a little drunk and didn't check. Can someone tell me how many looks and/or targets Clinton Portis got in the game? A lot of the value I had in him this year was how Zorn's WCO would throw to the RB and since he didn't get a catch I'm wondering if that supposed value is in the toilet now.

No big deal, the league I have Portis in is in no danger of not making the playoffs unless I have 3+ major injuries. That team is stacked. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:53 am

biju wrote:I watched the game last night although I was a little drunk and didn't check. Can someone tell me how many looks and/or targets Clinton Portis got in the game? A lot of the value I had in him this year was how Zorn's WCO would throw to the RB and since he didn't get a catch I'm wondering if that supposed value is in the toilet now.

No big deal, the league I have Portis in is in no danger of not making the playoffs unless I have 3+ major injuries. That team is stacked. ;-D

I saw one, I have him too so I was watching he made one catch for like 8 yards and a first down that called back on a holding penalty, Betts and Sellers were targeted a lot more in the passing game.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby biju » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:47 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
biju wrote:I watched the game last night although I was a little drunk and didn't check. Can someone tell me how many looks and/or targets Clinton Portis got in the game? A lot of the value I had in him this year was how Zorn's WCO would throw to the RB and since he didn't get a catch I'm wondering if that supposed value is in the toilet now.

I saw one, I have him too so I was watching he made one catch for like 8 yards and a first down that called back on a holding penalty, Betts and Sellers were targeted a lot more in the passing game.

Thanks for the update, although I'm a little disappointed. Maybe if the WRs could actually open up and stretch the field maybe they can get him underneath and pick up some quick yards. But right now I'm thinking that might be a tall order. I have faith that Zorn will do the best he can with these guys so I'm expecting it to happen at some point, I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jmog » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:39 pm

I have Portis as my #2 RB and Cooley on my main $$ league.

This doesn't look good for the season if Campbell continues to suck balls.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting