Draft Order - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Draft Order

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Order

Postby UnitedofOmaha » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:46 pm

I played last year for the first time. However, I missed the draft and had auto-select. Draft is tonight at 11pm. We are NOT in a PPR league. It is a 10-man league. 1 point for every 10 yards rushing etc....What order is the best way to go. I am playing with some fantasy pros so I need to get it right!
UnitedofOmaha
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Order

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:51 pm

I usually go with a basic RB, RB, WR, WR, RB, WR, QB, TE... - emphasis on the word usually - nothing is chiselled in stone - ya have to be prepared to change plans as the draft goes depending on what position you're drafting in and who is the best player on the board when your turn comes up. Starting RB's are golden in FF and that's why many grab two right off the bat.

Only draft 1 Kicker and 1 Def unless you are required to have two - you can always find something on the waiver wire when bye weeks occur - normally ya just drop your Kicker for one of equal value - for Def you can do the same unless ya have a really good Def, in which case you drop someone from any position who isn't doing much and grab a second Def and then drop that Def after the bye week and pickup a player off the WW. TE's you also really only need one, but I sometimes grab a second one if there's someone good still available in the late rounds. It's best to draft a Kicker in last round and Def in the second last round - some people will grab a Def a couple rounds earlier if they want a particular one that they think is really good, but Def's can change so much from one season to the next that this often doesn't pay off.

Pre-ranking really helps - if ya look here under Rankings (click on it at the top of the left hand margin) you can find some cheatsheets to guide you, plus a mock draft to show what some of the Cafe members do when drafting.

Good luck! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum