Beginner with a dilemma!! would love some feedback - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Beginner with a dilemma!! would love some feedback

Moderator: Football Moderators

Beginner with a dilemma!! would love some feedback

Postby vtsteelcurtain » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:52 am

first off please tell me if you think i did alright - 2nd yr and this year i went with the "focus on star backs and recievers and pick QB late"...altho i think i waited one round tooo late. well here's the team, how'd i turn out?

QB-Kurt warner, Jason Campbell, Matt Ryan(sleeper 16th pick)
RB- Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner, Selvin Young, and Chester TAylor (STACKED)
WR- Braylon Edwards, Anquan Boldin, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, Josh Morgan (sleeper ex-hokie)
TE- Chris Cooley
DST- Steelers
K- Josh Brown

Alright so my dilemma is between my flex position and who to start...Im for sure starting AD even tho hes runnin agaisnt the packs...just cant sit him, but should i bench lynch and start turner or should i start ADP, Lynch, and turner and sit either Boldin or Holmes??? i would probably sit holmes but what do you guys think??

And very last question would be regarding my QB situation and a trade...i picked up a lot of middle level talent instead of taking a QB like McNabb, Anderson, or Cutler. I didnt plan on having to start warner, but thats what im stuck with now....do you think i could trade a couple guys like Campbell+selvin young or marshall +campbell or something like that for a better QB...what calibur of QB should i be lookin for if giving away those guys? Thanks guys...Good luck in your fantasy leagues!!!
vtsteelcurtain
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Beginner with a dilemma!! would love some feedback

Postby vtsteelcurtain » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:04 pm

15 views no reply? any feedback would be appreciated
vtsteelcurtain
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stead21 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:19 pm

vtsteelcurtain wrote:first off please tell me if you think i did alright - 2nd yr and this year i went with the "focus on star backs and recievers and pick QB late"...altho i think i waited one round tooo late. well here's the team, how'd i turn out?

RB- Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner, Selvin Young, and Chester TAylor (STACKED)
WR- Braylon Edwards, Anquan Boldin, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, Josh Morgan (sleeper ex-hokie)
TE- Chris Cooley
DST- Steelers
K- Josh Brown

Alright so my dilemma is between my flex position and who to start...Im for sure starting AD even tho hes runnin agaisnt the packs...just cant sit him, but should i bench lynch and start turner or should i start ADP, Lynch, and turner and sit either Boldin or Holmes??? i would probably sit holmes but what do you guys think??

And very last question would be regarding my QB situation and a trade...i picked up a lot of middle level talent instead of taking a QB like McNabb, Anderson, or Cutler. I didnt plan on having to start warner, but thats what im stuck with now....do you think i could trade a couple guys like Campbell+selvin young or marshall +campbell or something like that for a better QB...what calibur of QB should i be lookin for if giving away those guys? Thanks guys...Good luck in your fantasy leagues!!!

So what's your format of your team? If this is your format, I would go with the following Roster:
QB - Kurt Warner
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Marshawn Lynch
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Boldin
WR - Holmes
RB/WR - Michael Turner
TE - Chris Cooley
DST- Steelers

When Marshall Gets back, You need to start him over Boldin (because of schedule, Holmes plays Cleveland in which there secondary is soft right now)). Personally, I would look into trading Boldin and Selvin Young for a better QB. Santonio Holmes was great for my league last year (which I won) and with Boldin and Fitz both on the same team, it's hit or miss. One week Boldin will have a great game and the other week Fitz will have an awesome game. In the world of Fantasy Football, it's all about being consistent! And to be quite honest Kurt Warner is a hell of a QB, so you might even want to keep him. You have a really great team, are you in 10 man league? If I were you I would just wait to see how everybody does and by week 3, you will have a good feel for who you want to start. Since you have a really great team, what you can is play your matchups week to week. That is an easy way to determine what players to start if you have a stacked team like yourself. Plus I'm sure people in your league will try to make some deals with you as well.
stead21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby vtsteelcurtain » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:47 pm

ty for your input...yeah my format is qb/2rb/2wr/1flex/te/dst/k, so i was gonna start warner/peterson/lynch/edwards/boldin or holmes/Turner at flex(i really feel good on this one)/steelers/brown ...i guess my question is who to start holmes or boldin? but like u said hit or miss with fitz so maybe holmes?

what do you mean play the matchups?? and this week im playing probably the best team in my league- and i already started off cold with cooley putting up a goose egg last night.

yes im in a 10 man league and i feel my team is one of the best if not the best...couple rookie picks helped me stack my rb and wrs...i played the waiting game on the QB and just wanted to make sure i got warner...the other laughed thinking it was a bad pick but i know sports the way they dont understand. others are asking me for trades on my RBS but i like where im at there and really just want to see in a couple weeks if i can get rid of young and a wr like u said for a better qb incase warner goes cold...
vtsteelcurtain
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stead21 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:46 pm

vtsteelcurtain wrote:ty for your input...yeah my format is qb/2rb/2wr/1flex/te/dst/k, so i was gonna start warner/peterson/lynch/edwards/boldin or holmes/Turner at flex(i really feel good on this one)/steelers/brown ...i guess my question is who to start holmes or boldin? but like u said hit or miss with fitz so maybe holmes?

what do you mean play the matchups?? and this week im playing probably the best team in my league- and i already started off cold with cooley putting up a goose egg last night.

yes im in a 10 man league and i feel my team is one of the best if not the best...couple rookie picks helped me stack my rb and wrs...i played the waiting game on the QB and just wanted to make sure i got warner...the other laughed thinking it was a bad pick but i know sports the way they dont understand. others are asking me for trades on my RBS but i like where im at there and really just want to see in a couple weeks if i can get rid of young and a wr like u said for a better qb incase warner goes cold...

Ok,

What I mean by matchups in this case is who your player's team is playing that week. For instance, in your case with Boldin and Holmes, I would start Boldin over Holmes just because Arizona plays SanFransisco's mediocre D (accept for Patrick Willis and Nate Clemens). Nate Clemens will be locking up Fitz all day which will cause Boldin to free up. Houston's Linebacker core is gonna give Pittsburg's sorry O-Line nightmares thus Causing Big Ben to rush and not have all day to get the deep ball to Holmes in the game. I see a Big Game for Hines because he's a possession Wideout. Holmes is the home run deep ball ala Randy Moss type player. So since I know your format, this is who I would start week 1:

QB - Kurt Warner
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Marshawn Lynch
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Boldin
FLEX/UTIL- Michael Turner
TE - Chris Cooley
DST- Steelers
stead21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby vtsteelcurtain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:00 am

thanks a ton man...thats what im gonna do!!
vtsteelcurtain
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:20 am

vtsteelcurtain wrote:first off please tell me if you think i did alright - 2nd yr and this year i went with the "focus on star backs and recievers and pick QB late"...altho i think i waited one round tooo late. well here's the team, how'd i turn out?

TE- Chris Cooley
DST- Steelers
K- Josh Brown

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

I think you did very good with your draft. I'd try to trade a WR (Holmes, Marshall, or Morgan) & Campbell or Warner for an upgrade at QB. I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with those QB's. You could end up great if Warner can play the entire season. But if he goes down, I wouldn't want to rely on Campbell/Ryan as my starter each week. Same thing with Cooley. He'll have great weeks and then he'll have games like last night. If you can't get a QB, I'd try to trade one of those WR's & Cooley for an upgrade there. I'd try to hold on to your RB's. You can never have enough. ;-D

As far as who to start, I think ADP & Lynch are your 2 must-start RB's every week. I think Braylon & Boldin are your 2 must-start WR's every week. So you will have a tough choice every week with the flex between Turner, Young, Holmes, & Marshall...maybe even Morgan. You'll know more after a week or 2 and you see how many points each guy is scoring. Turner might go off. Then your decision becomes easier. Marshall might explode after his 1 game suspension. I hope that helps a little. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Beginner's Forum