yahoo site issue - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

yahoo site issue

Moderator: Football Moderators

yahoo site issue

Postby vikingsrube » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:42 am

anyone else having a problem with yahoo's football site this year? My drop and drag doesn't work, and neither do any of the dropdown menus at the top of the page. On all my baseball teams, these functions all work fine. Seem to only have the problems using firefox, its fine with IE. Just curious if i'm the only one.
"Super Bowl Homeboy"
vikingsrube
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: yahoo site issue

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:57 am

vikingsrube wrote:anyone else having a problem with yahoo's football site this year? My drop and drag doesn't work, and neither do any of the dropdown menus at the top of the page. On all my baseball teams, these functions all work fine. Seem to only have the problems using firefox, its fine with IE. Just curious if i'm the only one.

Mine have worked appropriately with both IE and FF. Hopefully yours starts working soon. ;-D
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:23 pm

vikingsrube wrote:anyone else having a problem with yahoo's football site this year? My drop and drag doesn't work, and neither do any of the dropdown menus at the top of the page. On all my baseball teams, these functions all work fine. Seem to only have the problems using firefox, its fine with IE. Just curious if i'm the only one.

I have not heard other reports that match this. If you want to PM me with details about Firefox versions, and what exactly happens when it doesn't work, I can pass your comments on to the front end developers. If you haven't already, you might want to try with all extensions disabled in case you have some extension that is causing trouble.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby jfg » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Vikingsrube, do you have user scripts installed? Some of them don't work with the new football site. I think the disabling any tooltip scripts will do the trick.
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:27 pm

My drag and drop is not working either. I just went back to the classic, I am sure it will fix itself soon enough.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:41 pm

mikus wrote:My drag and drop is not working either. I just went back to the classic, I am sure it will fix itself soon enough.

While I appreciate the optimism, we haven't had any bug filed along these lines, so it is pretty unlikely it will fix itself. I'd recommend turning off all browser extensions, and if you still have the problem, PM me some more details so I can talk to our client side guys.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby mikus » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
mikus wrote:My drag and drop is not working either. I just went back to the classic, I am sure it will fix itself soon enough.

While I appreciate the optimism, we haven't had any bug filed along these lines, so it is pretty unlikely it will fix itself. I'd recommend turning off all browser extensions, and if you still have the problem, PM me some more details so I can talk to our client side guys.

It's not a huge deal to me. I would rather have my extensions than the drag and drop feature. My important leagues are on Fleaflicker anyway. ;-D

Thanks for the help though!
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Bmonkey » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:31 pm

I was having same issue with drag n drop not working. i went and turned off greecemonkey and it worked so i knew it was def. a script. i turned it back on and did some testing on which ones were causing it and I've narrowed it down to " yahoo fantasy smack tooltip". disable that... (you have to refresh your yahoo fantasy page after disabling.

mine works now with that tooltip script off. the tooltip wasn't even working with firefox3 anyways for me
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby soty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:43 pm

I was having drag and drop issues too. I started taking away some of my scripts one at a time and eventually it was the smack talk one that was causing the problem. Once I got rid of that script (which was outdated anyways) the drag and drop worked fine. I am not saying that is your problem exactly, just saying there is a good chance it something to do with a script. Good luck. ;-D
soty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby Bmonkey » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 pm

soty wrote:I was having drag and drop issues too. I started taking away some of my scripts one at a time and eventually it was the smack talk one that was causing the problem. Once I got rid of that script (which was outdated anyways) the drag and drop worked fine. I am not saying that is your problem exactly, just saying there is a good chance it something to do with a script. Good luck. ;-D

did you copy and paste my post before you? lol
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk