Dwayne Bowe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dwayne Bowe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dwayne Bowe

Postby MotorCityKitties » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Will he be a serviceable WR3 this year? That's where I've got him on one of my teams, but I'm beginning to think I should have waited on someone else in a better situation. What does everyone think?
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dwayne Bowe

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:59 pm

Good for WR3. He and Tony Gonzalez should see most (all) of the passes, he'll get many opportunities to try and make something good out of it. A 1200 yards 8 TD season is not out of the question for him and great for a WR3.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:15 pm

If you have Bowe as your #3 WR you are in pretty good shape. Bowe put up real nice numbers last season and should LJ be healthy I think Bowe could be open a lot this season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby footballsimp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 pm

HA! Bowe is my number 2 this week.

I am the guy who drafted Marshall and Steve Smith. I got to wait things out a bit. I think Bowe is a good WR#3. He is a great start this week against the Pats if you ask me.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:40 pm

footballsimp wrote: He is a great start this week against the Pats if you ask me.

Agreed, the Pats secondary is very weak, and I'm sure KC is going to be passing a lot.

I would personally start Bowe this week (as he's my #4), but I all ready have Roy Williams and Fitz in my starting WR spots, and I'm giving Galloway the nod at the flex (cuz Joey always destroys NO).
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:50 pm

I have a bad feeling about Bowe this year. KC's pass offense is gonna be pretty weak. If anyone saw the game tonight, think like the Redskins but about half as good. :-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 am

I think Bowe's numbers dip a little this year, not because of lack of talent just because of opportunity...He's not catching anyone by surprise anymore so he will see plenty double teams, and Croyle isn't that good, with the lack of quality O-lineman it could be tough to get much going through the air...Then again as a WR3 sure, thats a great spot for him, WR2 is pushing it a little, depends on where you slot him at...One draft he was available but he would of been the 1st WR I took so I opted to go in another direction, didn't want him carrying my WR core.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stikmata » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:59 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Good for WR3. He and Tony Gonzalez should see most (all) of the passes, he'll get many opportunities to try and make something good out of it. A 1200 yards 8 TD season is not out of the question for him and great for a WR3.

1200 yards and 8 TDs is top 10 range. (that's more than what Wes Welker did last year)
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby logan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:54 am

stikmata wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:Good for WR3. He and Tony Gonzalez should see most (all) of the passes, he'll get many opportunities to try and make something good out of it. A 1200 yards 8 TD season is not out of the question for him and great for a WR3.

1200 yards and 8 TDs is top 10 range. (that's more than what Wes Welker did last year)

i'd probably err on the more conservative side and go 1080 and 6 td's.his yardage will improve over last years but his td's may stay about the same. bowe is a great red zone target though and i wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 8.things look bad but outside of gonzo the chiefs really have no one to throw to. franklin maybe good for a few long balls here and there but in the red zone it's going to one of three guys in either bowe,gonzo or larry.

solid number three and depending on how things go a borderline number tow.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Football Talk