Seattle RBs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seattle RBs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seattle RBs?

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 am

So, Mike Holmgren announces Maurice Morris will be starting Week 1, but he's not sure how he would split carries between Morris and RB Julius Jones or what he'll do the rest of the season.

Well, that's nice and clear. What do you say? Does Duckett suddenly have value?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Seattle RBs?

Postby footballsimp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:22 am

At this point I think Duckett has little to no value. He may get goal-line carries but I think that is based on speculation from previous years.

I think Morris has the most value. He was the most productive back in the pre-season from what I saw. And Morris filled in admirably well when Alexander was busy being a wuss.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Seattle RBs?

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:56 am

footballsimp wrote:I think Morris has the most value. He was the most productive back in the pre-season from what I saw. And Morris filled in admirably well when Alexander was busy being a wuss.

I don't know how to gauge preseason performance (62y on 6 carries against Minny? 5 carries, 31y against SD?) but I can inspect last year's games. He started three games against cupcakes at that time of the year- San Fran, Chi, StL. At the end of the season, he got 2 more starts, against Bal and Atl.

wk10, vSF (W, 24-20)- 28car, 87y, 3.1avg, 1td, 3rec, 16y
wk11, vChi (w, 30-23)- 18car, 87y, 4.8avg, 1td, 1rec, 19y
wk12, @StL (W, 24-19)- 16car, 79y, 4.9avg, 0td, 1rec, 5y
wk16, vBal (W, 27-6)- 15car, 40y, 2.7avg, 0td, 1rec, -1y
wk17, @Atl (L, 44-41)- 13car, 91y, 7.0avg, 1td, 4rec, 18y

hmm... I looked all that up, intending to shoot down the admirably part down, but considering these five games were after Sea committed to the pass, that's not that bad. Considering Holmgren's purportedly committed to the run during the offseason, it could look even better.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk