Troy Smith (and other 2nd string QBs) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Troy Smith (and other 2nd string QBs)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Troy Smith (and other 2nd string QBs)

Postby mnkyboy_21 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:45 am

What do you think the chances are that Troy Smith will be starting for Bal by week 4? Boller is out for the season, and Flacco is a rookie who seemingly only sealed the #1 spot due to Troy's tonsil infection. When will Troy be ready to take over? Will he be given the chance?

What other 2nd string QBs look likely to take over the starting job by week 4?

Jason

(Backgroud: I'm asking because all of the starting QBs are taken in my league. We're in a 2QB league, and I only drafted 2QB's. My first QB bye is week 4, and trade options look pretty dim. This might be better in the waiver board, but thought "Leftovers" was pretty appropriate too.)
mnkyboy_21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Troy Smith (and other 2nd string QBs)

Postby smackthefirst » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:14 am

The first one that comes to mind is Huard. In my opinion there is no way the Chiefs can continue to go with Croyle if he continues to perform like he has. Of course, the Chiefs have shown no sign of not being 100% behind Croyle, but the production just isn't there. And I also think TSmith will be the starter once healthy unless Flacco pulls a Big Ben type of start to his career. The problem is that there are rumors floating around about TSmith and how severe his illness is so at this point I'm not 100% certain he will even be back by week 4, let alone starting week 4.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:20 am

mnkyboy_21 wrote:What do you think the chances are that Troy Smith will be starting for Bal by week 4? Boller is out for the season, and Flacco is a rookie who seemingly only sealed the #1 spot due to Troy's tonsil infection. When will Troy be ready to take over? Will he be given the chance?

What other 2nd string QBs look likely to take over the starting job by week 4?

Jason

(Backgroud: I'm asking because all of the starting QBs are taken in my league. We're in a 2QB league, and I only drafted 2QB's. My first QB bye is week 4, and trade options look pretty dim. This might be better in the waiver board, but thought "Leftovers" was pretty appropriate too.)

Smith is a huge question mark, you really don't want to screw around with the rookie so unless he is a major screwup then Flacco will stay in the roll.

I don't see any guys who will lose their jobs that early, Anderson has earned a little rope, Ryan is like Flacco. Miami doesn't have anyone better then Pennington. Ditto for Croyle in KC.

Your best bet is to monitor injuries. Guys like Hasselbeck and Manning might miss some time. MAybe grab Leinart in case Warner goes down.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spyder » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 am

All good points. I would also keep an eye on the situation in Tampa Bay b/c Garcia is old and injury prone so u never know by week. He started the season injured so????
[url][URL=http://news.webshots.com/photo/1013455361027760507AYCzNJZSci]Image[/url][/url]
Spyder
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Football Talk