Ben Utecht - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ben Utecht

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ben Utecht

Postby topdogg373 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:39 pm

am i the only one here who really believes he is going to breakout and be a formidable sleeper? i know hes not even #1 on the depth chart but for some reason i think he sees the field more than reggie kelly. i see kelly as their main TE for blocking purposes but Utecht will be the one running routes and getting open in the middle while TJ and OC get lots of attention.

im starting him this week and most are expecting goose egg! should i go Dustin Keller or something?
topdogg373
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ben Utecht

Postby fantasizing » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Im high on Utecht as well. Palmer's been looking for safety valves for years now, and he may have found one in Utech, and to some extent Perry as well. I think he'll play a prominent role in the passing game this season.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:02 pm

In a bye week situation I could see someone wanting to use Utecht, but otherwise I'm not high on him this year.

He was option 4 behind Harrison/Wayne/Clark in Indy, and he will be option 4 behind Ocho/Housh/Henry (once Henry returns, Utecht has his chance in these next 4 weeks to do something). Peyton does spread the ball a good amount, especially in the endzone, I'm not positive if Palmer spreads it more or not...I'm playing the wait-and-see approach with Utecht but I'm content leaving him on the free agent list for now.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:15 pm

If he can ever stay healthy. in indy and as a gopher he was always hurt. dude's made of glass. Best of luck to him :-) A colts fan on this board used to call him "injury timeout" ... funny stuff. He's also very well known for fumbling and dropping passes.

edit:
discussion on him in the other ben utecht thread:

viewtopic.php?t=392045&hilit=utecht#p2755897
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Return to Football Talk