Jimmy Smith and Kordell for Culpepper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Smith and Kordell for Culpepper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jimmy Smith and Kordell for Culpepper?

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:29 pm

We had our draft last week while Smith was still a holdout, and I was able to grab him in round 10. Stewart is my backup QB to McNair and I also have Harrison, Chambers, Gardner and Morton at WR. I am pondering, is Culpepper enough of an upgrade at QB to trade Smith?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:57 pm

Iduno, you have an awful nice WR core there... However, Culpepper is the #2-rated QB (ESPN), while McNair and Stewart are #9 and #10, respectively.

Granted, you have to take any rankings with a grain of salt, but it'd be nice to have a QB that will throw for at least 25 TDs and will run for 10 more. Kordell played a full season and only threw for 14 and ran for 5, while Smith scored 8 TDs. Culpepper also had 14/5 TDs, but he only played about 8 games (from what I can remember, I'm not a big Culpepper fan).

I guess based on past performances and future speculation, I'd make that trade.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby slowkidz » Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:35 am

I would do it...I think this will be a good year for Culpepper and with the WR you have on your roster, losing Smith won't really hurt you too much...It sounds good to me! ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby terpfan » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:05 pm

yes do it. wow jimmy in the 10th? good job there.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk