Recording games on PC??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Recording games on PC???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Recording games on PC???

Postby Ahzzy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:08 am

Unfortunately I'll be working most Sundays this season and will miss the majority of games. I was looking into getting a Tuner for my PC and set it to record the games while I'm at work so I can watch when I get home. Has anyone done this before and can tell me how good the picture / sound quality will be? I realize it will differ from product to product, I'm not looking to spend any more than $150. Doing a little surfing I came across http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815100014 and it sounds like it might be what I'm looking for. If you have any suggestions, alternatives, or have used one and really like it please let me know. Thanx!
Ahzzy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Recording games on PC???

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 am

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/u ... +Stick.htm

These are the best out there. I have the one I linked to but there are 4 tabs on the left to different ones that'll work well for what you need. Pinnacle is the best for that stuff. The one I have goes through USB so I can use it on any of my computers. I use it on my laptop 99% if the time though. Comes with a program with a guide and whatnot like a media center dvr etc... good stuff!

As for the quality... picks up HD local stations easily and then some if you use the antenna. You can run your cable line right into it. The picture and quality is probably better than your tv just because of the sheer pixel count.

edit: it can also run through your vista or windows media center if you don't want to use the pinnacle program.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Ahzzy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:33 am

Nice, I like that! Having the USB adds a lot of functionality.
Ahzzy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Questions about this device.

I see it involves a cable hook up. How does that work exactly? Do I need a splitter to run the cable cord to my TV and Computer both.

Also, I have xbox 360, am I understanding this correctly, that I can watch recorded shows on my TV using the Media Center connection via my xbox 360.

Also, I have 2 HD TV's, but 1 HD box (upstairs). My downstairs TV I have a regular cable box. If I hook everything up can I still download HD shows onto my computer, and than view the HD shows on my HD tv?
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk