Anyone surprised? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Anyone surprised?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anyone surprised?

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:43 am

Dream, that is one sweet sig you've got! Get use to flying that banner all season dude. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:59 pm

moochman wrote:Dream, that is one sweet sig you've got! Get use to flying that banner all season dude. ;-D

Pretty isn't it :-B

Don't worry, I'll make a comeback.

moochman wrote:I heartily encourage those who do go to wear a paper bag in honor to the Lions pride that NimRod has instilled in this team. Feeling so sorry for you Dream.

Thanks, but with all the cheeseheads, there may be more rooting for GB than the Lions. As for the paper bags, they are very strict in anything that is negative about the team(especially after the Fire Millen), but like I said previously, I think it will get to that point again this season. If you guys were able to watch on TV, I'm sure you would start to hear some loud Fire Millen chants as the progresses.

One thing is wrong with your statement above is that this may very well have an affect on the team. Let's say they do the opposite of last season, they start 1-7 and finish 6-2. We will look back on this loss and say, it kept us out of the playoffs. Could we turn things around and still be a decent team...sure, but after that debacle, same old Lions :,-(

I'll be sure to give you guys the in the stadium review of the game.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 pm

dream_017 wrote:Initially, yes, I was surprised. After looking back...not so much.

Who cares about Obama or McCain in '08....how about Cowher in '09 ;-D

Cowher isnt stupid, he will not come here. I dont care what kind of money they throw at him, which knowing the Fords it wouldnt be much. Seriously who would want to come here. It would be career suicide.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:16 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Initially, yes, I was surprised. After looking back...not so much.

Who cares about Obama or McCain in '08....how about Cowher in '09 ;-D

Cowher isnt stupid, he will not come here. I dont care what kind of money they throw at him, which knowing the Fords it wouldnt be much. Seriously who would want to come here. It would be career suicide.

You're not saying that because only 1 of the last 20* coaches we've had has actually gone on to another head coaching job, are you? ;-7

* I don't know the actual number but it is a lot
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Cowher has no reason to come to Detroit and tarnish his career. He walked away from a Steelers team with a lot of upside and fresh out of the super bowl... we have neither of those things.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

As much as I'd love to see us get Cowher, yeah, he'd be stupid to go to Detroit. RW is right, no reason to tarnish a wonderful track record.

Since all of our coaching staff changes have been completely ineffective anyway, I say we bring in.........

DENNY GREEN!

Think of how awesome his press conferences would be! He'd blow up and freak out like the famous Bears Game EVERY WEEK! Who knows, maybe it would rub off on the players too, Kind of like the same effect of Lew Pinela throwing the base and getting kicked out.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:10 am

Cowher wouldn't come here because he is afraid of tarnishing his record, he wouldn't come here because Ford would give him the control he would want. Look at Parcels. He went to a down-trodden Miami team because he has confidence in himself and in his GM (the dude who built the current Cowboy team). In Detroit the coach would be stuck with Ford and so many other FO flunkies interferring with building a team rather than helping. No worthwhile coach would stand for it, so we don't have a shot at a Cowher.
Now bozo's like NimRod we can get aplenty.

I look forward to reading your on-site account of the Buccan-Lions/Packers game, Dream ;-D

BTW, you are going down in the KOTJ this week faster than Travis Fisher trying to tackle Turner.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm

kind of off the subject, but the baffoonery that is Rockhead (or Nimrod) reminds me of the short love affair they had with Russ Grimm, who i'm pretty sure never sniffed a coaching opportunity anywhere else
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:kind of off the subject, but the baffoonery that is Rockhead (or Nimrod) reminds me of the short love affair they had with Russ Grimm, who i'm pretty sure never sniffed a coaching opportunity anywhere else

Ah. An early canidate for Lions next victim.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:58 pm

moochman wrote:BTW, you are going down in the KOTJ this week faster than Travis Fisher trying to tackle Turner.

Wait, I'm playing you? Did you want to take the sig now?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

PreviousNext

Return to Detroit Lions