Baloney---Maroney--- - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Baloney---Maroney---

Moderator: Football Moderators

Baloney---Maroney---

Postby shaba » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:50 am

Ah, those sneaky Patriots. Right when you're ready to declare Laurence Maroney their best rusher, they give Sammy Morris a heaping helping of reps, along with a carry inside the 5 good for a touchdown. In total, Morris had 10 carries for 53 yards with a touchdown and 34 yards on five catches. Maroney also had 10 carries, but for 51 yards, and with no receptions.

Welcome to another season where we're guessing which Patriots RB is the one to start week in and week out. We saw Maroney on the field for the Pats' first two possessions, then Morris started to play more. Expect them to continue splitting reps, with Morris potentially the more intriguing runner.

I should have learned my lesson last year owning Maroney. My dumb a$$ took him again this year. Although he finished the season well, This is an EXACT repeat of how the season started with him & morris last year. With Morris getting most of the looks. It wasn't until Morris got injured last season that Maronry shined and started playing well being he got more touches by default. I don't doubt his ability in the least bit its more so the coaching staff choosing not to let him shine for what ever reason.

All I can say is this Maroney is on my bench till further notice I refuse to go throught the anguish of the this BS committe. CHRIS JOHNSON WELCOME TO MY LINEUP every weak unless every other RB in New England gets hurt ! ! !
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Baloney---Maroney---

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:52 am

With Brady hurt, Maroney's value should take a big jump. Cassel can't do what Brady does and they'll have to lean on the run.

Honestly I'ed be willing to buy Maroney for his appropriate (low) value at this point.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 am

I don't think the Pats will lean on the run all that much, I just don't see Belichick changing his game plan and relying on the run....at least not right away. He'll stick to his system and and hope that plugging in Cassel will get them by.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:37 am

I understand your point but I have to disagree. I think they'll make adjustments according to the situation. This is an offense that Corey "I run with cinderblocks on my feet" Dillon had 1600 yards rushing 3 years ago. I'm not saying hes going to be Corey Dillon, but they can and will run if they need to do it to win.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting