Spore for PC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Spore for PC

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 am

anyone else get this? i picked it up Sunday, it's pretty sweet
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spore for PC

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm getting it shortly. Hopefully it lives up to its hype. The actual game premise seems kind of boring to me but I'm gonna give it a go.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:19 am

SniperShot wrote:I'm getting it shortly. Hopefully it lives up to its hype. The actual game premise seems kind of boring to me but I'm gonna give it a go.

it's getting some mixed reviews, because all of the stages are pretty much a bunch of bare bones mini-games, so anyone looking for Diablo, Starcraft and Civ rolled into one will probably be disapointed, but if you dont mind a fairly simple game (at least from the stages i've played) but enjoy the creativity it allows for your character, buildings, etc then you should like it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:24 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I'm getting it shortly. Hopefully it lives up to its hype. The actual game premise seems kind of boring to me but I'm gonna give it a go.

it's getting some mixed reviews, because all of the stages are pretty much a bunch of bare bones mini-games, so anyone looking for Diablo, Starcraft and Civ rolled into one will probably be disapointed, but if you dont mind a fairly simple game (at least from the stages i've played) but enjoy the creativity it allows for your character, buildings, etc then you should like it

Yeah I never really looked into it that much but I got the impression that it was just to simple (almost to the point of childish) that I wouldn't enjoy it... Though I have heard some good things from even the most hardcore gamers, so maybe ill have to check it out. Let me know how it is when you get further along Dan.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby logan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:45 am

i was ready to get the game and then talked myself out of it after reading various reviews and hearing the same things out of most of them. with crysis:warhead and the witcher:special edition coming out next week plus far cry 2 in october and left 4 dead in november i just wouldn't have the time.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:48 am

I've played it sparingly. I'm through the creature stage. It's pretty fun, but hasnt pulled me all the way in so far... To be honest I had more fun with the creature creator that was released months ago.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 am

terpfan wrote:I've played it sparingly. I'm through the creature stage. It's pretty fun, but hasnt pulled me all the way in so far... To be honest I had more fun with the creature creator that was released months ago.

that's how i felt, but the Space Stage has been pretty fun (i also played on Easy though)...i'll probably play through again on hard next

it's pretty simple, but what's nice is you can just sit down for a 1/2 hour and goof around and then save and walk away
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Video Games