Moss value sans Brady. Going, going ,....or gone - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss value sans Brady. Going, going ,....or gone

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Moss value sans Brady. Going, going ,....or gone

Postby Houser33 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Small sample size but relevant nonetheless. This ball was definitely catchable and in a critical part of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3JtfwGyU_c
Houser33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:53 pm

After the first game, I thought the Pat's might be gameplanning to keep Cassel from making mistakes.

Now I can see that Cassel just doesn't know how to utilize a talent like Moss. I would take plays off too if my QB didn't trust me (the guy with the record for TDS in a season), to catch the ball in a 1v1 situation. Hell, Brady trusted Moss in 2v1 situations and look how that turned out.

If Belicheck is the coach everyone thinks he is, he's going to tell Cassel to target Moss 10x versus SF. That is the litmus test of whether or not Moss is going to be a reliable WR at all this year. I still think the potential is there for Moss to wind up in the top5 when all is said and done. After the mugging New England took from Miami, the Patriot offense HAS to step up against SF no matter how the game plays out. They need to prove to themselves that they can put points on the board.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:54 pm

Houser33 wrote:Small sample size but relevant nonetheless. This ball was definitely catchable and in a critical part of the game.

Looks like Moss back in OAK. It must be nice to just show up and play whenever you feel like it and still get your pay check.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ampant » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:47 pm

I'd be hearing from Moss owners . . . from a fantasy perspective, what do you think the best strategy is for him. . . try and trade him now, or hope he explodes for a big game.

If so, who do you target . . . . ? a WR like Housh? Cotch? CJohnson? D Bowe? Roddy White?

How far down do you go?
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Puban666 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:59 pm

I had traded moss for steve smith last week my crazy league vetoed it so seeing that im 3-0 I traded Moss for Colston Hopefully he'll come up big in the fantasy playoffs
12 man money

Q- Eli Manning,
WR- M Colston, Bowe, Chambers, M Jones
RB- Portis, R.Bush, Torain, P. Thomas, Lean Washigton, Nate Washignton
TE- Gates, Scheffler
K- Gotowski
Def- Chicago

5-2
Puban666
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 pm

woodson_28 wrote:
Houser33 wrote:Small sample size but relevant nonetheless. This ball was definitely catchable and in a critical part of the game.

Looks like Moss back in OAK. It must be nice to just show up and play whenever you feel like it and still get your pay check.

What do you expect from Moss?

You're down two touchdowns to the Dolphin's in the 3rd quarter. Haven't had a ball thrown to you basically all day. QB throws a quick slant into the safety, high, and on a rope. If I was Moss I would short arm that one too. No sense for Moss to get the crap knocked out of him just to prove to Cassel that he ISN'T Wes Welker. He needs to throw those types of balls to Welker. He needs to throw it DEEP to Moss to open up the comebacks and outs. Randy Moss should not be running quick slants over the middle, down 15 points in the second half.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby ampant » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
What do you expect from Moss?

You're down two touchdowns to the Dolphin's in the 3rd quarter. Haven't had a ball thrown to you basically all day. QB throws a quick slant into the safety, high, and on a rope. If I was Moss I would short arm that one too. No sense for Moss to get the crap knocked out of him just to prove to Cassel that he ISN'T Wes Welker. He needs to throw those types of balls to Welker. He needs to throw it DEEP to Moss to open up the comebacks and outs. Randy Moss should not be running quick slants over the middle, down 15 points in the second half.

Are you serious dude? Fantasy relevance aside, I expect Moss to stop acting like a primadonna, and start playing like the premiere WR he thinks of himself as. That sort of behaviour is why he was widely scorned around the league. What do you expect from Matt Cassell? Why bother throwing to a WR who may or may not feel like catching a ball on a particular play. There is NO EXCUSE for not trying. If you are down 2 scores with under 2 minutes left to play, . . . . maybe. Randy Moss is a waste of a human being who quits on his teammates.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Moss is a veteran WR and one of the most talented in the league, he should be doing everything he can to try and help his inexperienced QB. If the play calls for him to run a slant over the middle then it's his job to do it. So far teams are not respecting Cassel's deep passes, Moss would be better served to have a few shorter routes to make the defenders start to wonder if he is going to do a 5-10 yard route...and then Moss can run for a deep pass and use that split second for an added advantage for himself and for Cassel.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Traded Bush, got Moss & Jacobs. His value is zilch right now. Nobody thinks Cassel can do anything if he can't do anything vs Miami
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:26 pm

I would be surprised if the Pats didn't trade for a better QB. If they were to land one of the Browns QBs, or Lions Kitna, Moss would regain some value. New England has to realize that it is on the cusp of missing the playoffs with Cassel at the helm. I wonder if they could sucker someone into taking Maroney off their hands for a QB?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk