Should I worry about Seattle's defense?!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I worry about Seattle's defense?!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I worry about Seattle's defense?!?!

Postby $ » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:14 am

Hey everybody,
After seeing Seattle get beat up a bit... should I worry about Seattle's defense? :-{
$
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I worry about Seattle's defense?!?!

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:15 pm

I think we should do plenty of worrying about all aspects of the Seahawks. That was not an impressive performance yesterday. It's early, and the Giants looked pretty terrible against Dallas week one of last year, so maybe they'll turn it around.

Then again, nobody is going to confuse Buffalo with Dallas. :-b

There are plenty of Seahawks fans here on the Cafe. What's the scuttlebutt from the Pacific Northwest, guys? What's going on up there?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby justinj312 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Unfortunately I strayed from my old seattle rule, only play them at home.

Only 1 sack against the BUF backup LT, and no turnovers? They would be on the ww right now if they were not playing at home against SF next week. I guess I am holding out 1 more game, but not liking it.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby $ » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:28 pm

If they don't improve, I'll be in a bit of a rut. There's only a small handful of DEF available on my FA and of those... KC had the best outing last week (in a 12 team with 2 DEF playing each week league).

I really hope they start shaping up!!!
$
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:05 pm

So here's my take, and I think I'm being a little optimistic so keep that in mind.

First off, the offense didn't keep the defense off the field. That's normally not the case as we can usually sustain some drives to get everyone a little breather. Going forward I have to think there will be better results here.

Second, nobody should ever have thought Seattle would play well on the road on the East Coast. They have a long, long history of sucking when they travel far. If there was a week to actually acquire the Seattle D it is this week because people will be turned off and they play at home next week. Our defense always is better at home.

Third, we didn't have the services of Jordan Babineaux and Rocky Bernard I'm guessing we will actually look better next week. At least I'm hoping that is the case.

My final take is you shouldn't be too quick to jump ship and I would see what you can do to acquire them as long as you don't give away too much. We still have a number of relatively easy games on the schedule and that nasty Pats game is looking nicer now.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:09 pm

for the past few years my rule of thumb with Seattles D is to only play them at home unless it's a crazy good matchup vs one of the worst offenses in the league.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:58 pm

biju wrote:My final take is you shouldn't be too quick to jump ship and I would see what you can do to acquire them as long as you don't give away too much. We still have a number of relatively easy games on the schedule and that nasty Pats game is looking nicer now.

This is what I am curious to see. I love the C-Hacks playoff schedule and the easy games littered between then and now. Should I pounce on them as a back-up (given it seems many of my rosters have more dead weight than I had though :,-( ) and rock them during the playoffs?
Or do I remember thinking Buffalo was one of those easy games. Look how well that worked out. :-?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby biju » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:50 pm

moochman wrote:
biju wrote:My final take is you shouldn't be too quick to jump ship and I would see what you can do to acquire them as long as you don't give away too much. We still have a number of relatively easy games on the schedule and that nasty Pats game is looking nicer now.

This is what I am curious to see. I love the C-Hacks playoff schedule and the easy games littered between then and now. Should I pounce on them as a back-up (given it seems many of my rosters have more dead weight than I had though :,-( ) and rock them during the playoffs?
Or do I remember thinking Buffalo was one of those easy games. Look how well that worked out. :-?

I'm going to put inquiries out to see if I can pick them up cheap. I didn't have Buffalo as an easy game because of the cross-country flight, even though I assumed they would show up a little more than they did. Their playoff matches still warrant the pickup IMO.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm worried about the Seattle offense with Burleson out, but not too worried about Seattle in general.

Traditionally, Seattle is a HORRIBLE team on the road and play inspired football at home. In this particular game, their special teams unit was the culprit behind the blow out and not the defense. I think that type of performance can chance a lot from week to week and is something that can be improved on. If Seattle gives up 30+ in home opener, thats when I get concerned.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby topdogg373 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:15 pm

i am extremely worried about the Seattle DEF as a current owner. I am highly contemplating dropping them for CAR Def or TB Def. The only reason im holding on is they play SF then StL next. But i am actually nervous for this week. I think SF may be able to move on them.
topdogg373
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk