Hester - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Hester

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hester

Postby goalyboy13 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:20 am

I know this is old news already but what on earth was Hester thinking when he waits for the coverage to get down field and then start running did he think there was a hole? Because from the replays it was pretty clear he was going to get nailed.
goalyboy13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hester

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:28 am

goalyboy13 wrote:I know this is old news already but what on earth was Hester thinking when he waits for the coverage to get down field and then start running did he think there was a hole? Because from the replays it was pretty clear he was going to get nailed.

With a guy like Hester you give and take. You allow him to do stuff like that because of his ability to take it to the house at anytime. Yeah that wasn't the best decision on his part though.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goalyboy13 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:38 am

He's not quite at the level of Manny being Manny, but I definitely see what your saying. Lovie Smith had to be going crazy though. It's tough to win a field position battle like that.

What's worse though a bonehead mistake like that, or a 15 yard penalty for a personal foul. I would definitely take the bonehead play once in a while.
goalyboy13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:46 am

goalyboy13 wrote:He's not quite at the level of Manny being Manny, but I definitely see what your saying. Lovie Smith had to be going crazy though. It's tough to win a field position battle like that.

What's worse though a bonehead mistake like that, or a 15 yard penalty for a personal foul. I would definitely take the bonehead play once in a while.

Ewww did you just use a baseball analogy? %-6 :-b

Yeah I'd rather take the bonehead play like what Hester did yesterday than that 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty TO got yesterday pretending to be a sprinter. At least Hester is trying to do something that helps his team, TO was being completely selfish and did something he knew would cost his team 15 yards.
Metroid

Postby goalyboy13 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Sorry about the baseball analogy.
I was thinking Ogunleye's penalty, the Colts O had been picking up short yardage and he gives them 15 yards. The celebration penalties are silly, but honestly in some situations celebration should be allowed. Last week a college team scored a TD with 0:00 on the clock to make it 26-25. The kid celebrated and they got a 15 yard penalty and missed the PAT. He was celebrating for a good reason, it is a joy to score especially in that fashion.
goalyboy13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:19 pm

goalyboy13 wrote:Sorry about the baseball analogy.
I was thinking Ogunleye's penalty, the Colts O had been picking up short yardage and he gives them 15 yards. The celebration penalties are silly, but honestly in some situations celebration should be allowed. Last week a college team scored a TD with 0:00 on the clock to make it 26-25. The kid celebrated and they got a 15 yard penalty and missed the PAT. He was celebrating for a good reason, it is a joy to score especially in that fashion.

Yup the Washington Huskies got shafted, that was just the QB being excited. TO's celebration was WAY different, he knew he would be penalized for it and did it anyway. I agree that the penalties for celebrations are a little too strict but these guys know that those stupid premeditated celebrations with get flagged. For TO to do it anyway is completely selfish.
Metroid

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting