2008 Seminoles Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 Seminoles Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 Seminoles Thread

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:55 pm

In what is probably the worst the ACC has looked in over a decade, the Florida State Seminoles put down the Catamounts of Western Carolina, 69 - 0 on Saturday. With Virginia Tech already taking a loss to ECU in Week 1, Wake Forest just squeaking out a W against Ole Miss, The 'Canes looking to be good in the future but not quite yet, Clemson looking vastly overrated, and the rest of the conference really not looking all that impressive, I think this is the 'Noles for the taking. North Carolina is my dark horse here, but I really think this could be the year that Florida State starts living up to its billing again. ;-D

Now let's all join together and hope that half the team doesn't get suspended for something stupid. :-°
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Seminoles Thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:00 pm

bigh0rt wrote:In what is probably the worst the ACC has looked in over a decade, the Florida State Seminoles put down the Catamounts of Western Carolina, 69 - 0 on Saturday. With Virginia Tech already taking a loss to ECU in Week 1, Wake Forest just squeaking out a W against Ole Miss, The 'Canes looking to be good in the future but not quite yet, Clemson looking vastly overrated, and the rest of the conference really not looking all that impressive, I think this is the 'Noles for the taking. North Carolina is my dark horse here, but I really think this could be the year that Florida State starts living up to its billing again. ;-D

Now let's all join together and hope that half the team doesn't get suspended for something stupid. :-°

They are a much better team with Ponder at QB than Weatherford
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:In what is probably the worst the ACC has looked in over a decade, the Florida State Seminoles put down the Catamounts of Western Carolina, 69 - 0 on Saturday. With Virginia Tech already taking a loss to ECU in Week 1, Wake Forest just squeaking out a W against Ole Miss, The 'Canes looking to be good in the future but not quite yet, Clemson looking vastly overrated, and the rest of the conference really not looking all that impressive, I think this is the 'Noles for the taking. North Carolina is my dark horse here, but I really think this could be the year that Florida State starts living up to its billing again. ;-D

They are a much better team with Ponder at QB than Weatherford

Amen.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby danleroi22 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:57 am

I am personally a 'Nole and have been at both games in the student section, and here my take on us right now...:

Western Carolina was essentially a joke. Div 2 team, we could beat them anyday and probably any night, they really just suck. We on the other hand have a fairly good offense. From what I see in Ponder, he makes good decisions, very accurate throws, and runs the ball when he absolutely has to. He's the best QB we've had since Winke, at least so far that's how it seems. We also throw in the backup Richardson once we wrapped up the game, and he has flashes of greatness, though far more reckless than Ponder. Both have the same style though. Atone Smith is our savior, and if we didn't establish him each game it would be hard to win. Our WRs are all good, but tend to get a little cocky and drop some keys passes.

In fact, yesterday, our team as a whole dropped about 5 passes that were easy (two of which were intereceptions for us!) and that scares me a ton. When we are blowing out Chattanooga 49-7 (or whatever it was... hey it was a long day yesterday and I'm still tired) then it doesn't really matter... but it will against Miami or Florida.

Our defense is not that good. Plain and simple. Of course we have like 4 key starters out due to the music test scandall of last year, and they still have one more game on their suspension I believe. I don't know what will happen when we get them back, but right now our defense is giving way too many big plays. Not scoring plays, but big plays. It's just that Div 2 teams have a hard time capitalizing, but Boston College wouldn't.

Next week will be the real test. If we can take care of Wake Forest at home handily, then I think we'll be pretty good. But if we lose this next game, we have NO shot at the division I don't believe.

Either way... GO NOLES! ;-D
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Despite trying to give the game away on more than one occasion, big win for the Noles! ;-D
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to College Football