2008-2009 Recruiting Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008-2009 Recruiting Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008-2009 Recruiting Thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Miami transfer Robert Marve is considering Oklahoma State (coach Mike Gundy visited last week) and Purdue, among others.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Mike Gillesie has re-committed to Florida after speaking with Meyer today.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:52 pm

USC wide receiver Vidal Hazelton is expected to transfer to Cincinnati, a source close to Hazelton said Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832581
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:34 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Miami transfer Robert Marve is considering Oklahoma State (coach Mike Gundy visited last week) and Purdue, among others.

How does Marve fit in to the scheme Gundy runs at Okie State? He seems like a pretty good athlete to me, but I'm not recalling his accuracy/arm strength. I know OSU isn't a real vertical team, but isn't Marve more of a runner than thrower?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:14 pm

knapplc wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

How does Marve fit in to the scheme Gundy runs at Okie State? He seems like a pretty good athlete to me, but I'm not recalling his accuracy/arm strength. I know OSU isn't a real vertical team, but isn't Marve more of a runner than thrower?

According to college scouts he has great arm strength and great quick release. He does run, but he was a great passer as well in high school and scouts projected him as a very good passer in college. He threw for over 4,300 yards his senior year in high school, which broke Tebow's record, but Aaron Murray (UGA Commit and kid who followed Marve after he left Plant HS) broke that record. He supposedly has all the physical tools to play in that system. Mentally no one is sure.

-- as an aside, I talked with some of my friends that either played against him in HS or are close with guys who did (we all played each other in HS here in Tampa) and they all said he survived in high school on his athleticism and they didn't think he could handle college when everyone else was good as well. Not sure if this will be true, but I haven't seen anything to show me different yet.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:57 pm

FL has 5 Star CB Greg Reid visiting this weekend. He was committed to UF and then decommitted after the under armor game. He had a great visit at FSU next week and he is going to visit UGA next weekend. He really wants to start right away apparently and when he saw Haden and Jenkins he knew he wouldn't start over either, so that is why he decommitted and is looking around.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:04 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
USC wide receiver Vidal Hazelton is expected to transfer to Cincinnati, a source close to Hazelton said Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832581

Shame, I'd heard he was transferring and thought he might end up back at Florida, since he almost committed there a few years back before he decided UF already had too many WR recruits (only to have two of those recruits change their mind on signing day and end up elsewhere).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:40 pm

USC gets Kennard:

In front of friends, family and a swarm of media, Phoenix (Ariz.) five-star defensive end Devon Kennard made his commitment to USC public Tuesday morning from Desert Vista High School.

Becoming the fifth five-star commitment for the Trojans in the 2009 class, Kennard called Tuesday's announcement the toughest decision of his life.

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=905256

This guy is an absolute beast at end. Nice get for USC
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Miami is going to be hoping Brown doesn't change his mind. For those that don't know, Brown is the top Player in this class if you look at Rivals. The guy is a beast at RB and has been solid Miami for most of his recruiting, but now it seems he may not be fully committed.

Watching battles among schools for the top high school prospects is never boring. But watching the battles among schools for the remaining players with little more than a week left until National Signing Day can be downright fascinating.

Six of the nation's top 10 prospects remain up for grabs, and the jockeying, scrambling and final pushes before the dead period is in full swing. A minute doesn't go by where there's a rumor started about where some of the top players in the nation will end up.

At the top of the speculation list is the nation's No. 1 player, running back Bryce Brown of Wichita (Kan.) East. Brown remains committed to Miami, but he currently is with his uncle on vacation in Nebraska until Feb. 7. There has been rampant speculation that Brown will take an official visit to Auburn this weekend, but neither Brown nor his mentor Brian Butler have confirmed the visit.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/co ... CID=905423
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 am

Brown remains committed to Miami, but he currently is with his uncle on vacation in Nebraska until Feb. 7.

Sounds like a pretty crappy vacation. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to College Football