2008-2009 Recruiting Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008-2009 Recruiting Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008-2009 Recruiting Thread

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Metroid wrote:
Brown remains committed to Miami, but he currently is with his uncle on vacation in Nebraska until Feb. 7.

Sounds like a pretty crappy vacation. :-b

Yeah, I have been to Nebraska :-P :-b Although, were it Lincoln, I am sure it would be cool.....right Knapp :-b
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:36 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjMvJpaFAE

Check out this QB that will be in the 2011 class. Reminds me of McNabb
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:33 am

deerayfan072 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjMvJpaFAE

Yeah. His receivers seem pretty good though too, I saw quite a few tough catches in there that made him look even better. I'm most impressed with what he does when he moves around with his legs. ;-D

Oregon's waiting for you kid. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 pm

I don't know why, and I really hate to say this, but I can just see him in a Florida offense doing some of the same stuff Tebow is doing now... :-P

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:14 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

I don't know why, and I really hate to say this, but I can just see him in a Florida offense doing some of the same stuff Tebow is doing now... :-P

Maybe because Urban is already recruiting him and is speaking at his football banquet this year O:-)

From what I hear, right now he is more interested in playing B-Ball and playig football basically because he is good, so he is looking at UNC. Also, VT as been after him since he was in 8th grade (A la Wake Forest after Chris Leak). UF really wants him from what I hear.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:50 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

Maybe because Urban is already recruiting him and is speaking at his football banquet this year O:-)

From what I hear, right now he is more interested in playing B-Ball and playig football basically because he is good, so he is looking at UNC. Also, VT as been after him since he was in 8th grade (A la Wake Forest after Chris Leak). UF really wants him from what I hear.

The thing is, if he's really that good at basketball, then UF is still a good option for him.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:08 pm

The thing is, if he's really that good at basketball, then UF is still a good option for him.

I agree :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm

You're a 25-year-old graduate assistant who's just gotten your first full-time college coaching gig. You're given a car, an expense account, some snappy golf shirts with the team logo and a territory to recruit. The head coach sends you out the door and into the high school world and wishes you good luck.

Oh, and one more thing: Don't come back without players who will win a conference championship.

What do you do?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/s ... id=3871726
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Signing day is in 2 days.

Gator News:

2 of the Gator wide out commits, Andre Dubose (think Percy Harvin) and Nukeese Richardson, took official visits to FSU and Tennessee respectively this week. A lot of smoke going on, but it appears both are still expected to sign with the Gators. DT Gary Brown also visited FSU because his G/F is supposed to be going there, but he is not expected to sign with FSU. ATH Marselius Teague has not de-committed and says he is 90% sure where he wants to go, but I have a feeling he may stay in state and go to UT because of playing time.

Florida is in the lead for ATH Joshua Evans over OK and Pitt. Evans is expected to play CB or Safety and is a stud.

UF is also expected to close with LB Jelanie Jenkins and have a good shot at Jarvis Jones.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:26 am

Saw this in a Rivals article that is for subscribers only, but wanted take a cut from one paragraph.
"Everyone is trying to get me to pick already, but I'm not ready," Oku said. "All these coaches are making it worse by calling and trying to talk when I don't want to. This is a lot of pressure to put on one kid, and it doesn't help that I've got some family stuff going on, too."

This is from a 4* RB (#1 all purpose back in the country) about his decision. He was a UT commit, but now has decomitted and can't decide. I think in all the recruiting commotion and craziness we forget that these are 17 and 18 year old kids that are making what possibly could be the biggest decision of their life and they are being pulled in a million directions. Also, if you read some of the recruiting boards these kids are bashed, personally sometimes, because they decided on another school. Sometimes I think people need to step back and realize these are only kids and they need to be cut a little slack.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football